Total Rewards Manager at Golden Hippo
WHO WE ARE
Golden Hippo is an employee-owned, vertically-integrated, highly profitable direct-to-consumer marketer of health, beauty, and pet care brands that collectively generate $1 billion of revenue annually. Our employees are passionate about our mission to create best-in-class products across broadly appealing categories — to help people live their healthiest, happiest lives.
Our A-players are results-driven creative thinkers who like to move fast, get the job done, and have fun doing it. If you love to roll up your sleeves, take on exciting new challenges every day, and drive massive growth, we want to hear from you!
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH US
Here at Golden Hippo, we work to develop best-in-class products, revolutionary marketing campaigns, and glowing customer experiences. We pride ourselves on our award-winning culture and incredibly diverse workforce. We intentionally strive to cultivate, create, and celebrate a rich, vibrant and inclusive culture of belonging where our employees feel respected and empowered. We also offer:
- Award-winning culture… Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company in Los Angeles 202, Best Teams - Marketing 2021, Best Company - Leadership 2020, and more! Click here to view more.
- Competitive salary & bonus opportunities
- Flexible, remote work arrangements available for most positions
- Highly valuable employee stock ownership plan (ESOP)
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, parental leave, and more)
- Generous matching 401K plan
- UNLIMITED room for growth and results-based pay increases
- Highly interactive, challenging work with a talented, diverse, passionate team
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities such as manager and employee development classes, Tuition Assistance Program, book club, film club, webinars, mentorship program, Hippo Talks, and much more
- Casual, "no dress code" atmosphere
- In-office gym & fitness classes, fully-stocked kitchen, plus regular yoga, meditation breaks, happy hours, and events
See what it’s like working at Golden Hippo!
Golden Hippo is currently looking for a Total Rewards Manager who will be responsible for helping administer and design the company’s Total Rewards programs. In addition to benefits, this role will also include compensation administration for base salary as well as short-term and long-term incentives. As a member of the Total Rewards team, you will play an important role in evolving our Total Rewards programs as we grow.
WHAT YOUR DAY WILL LOOK LIKE
- Gain and maintain a thorough understanding of compensation and benefits programs and policies
- Participate in/lead TR projects in support of company growth and scalability
- Act as a thought partner to the Head of Total Rewards on ways to improve compensation and benefits programs and offerings
- Maintain updated compensation and benefits information and resources online
- Conduct regular audits of compensation and benefits data and identify areas to streamline and reduce errors
- Create and maintain regular engaging and informative communication pieces (employee and manager-facing) for all Total Rewards programs
- Partner with HR Operations team to ensure that routine benefits-related transactions are handled accurately and timely
- Responsible for high-level benefit administration for Health and Welfare, Retirement, Workers’ Compensation and Leave of Absence programs
- Ensure required annual compliance tasks are completed
- Process employee and dependent benefit enrollments and changes
- Educate and answer employee questions regarding all aspects of the benefits program
- Escalate complex benefits issues to broker or vendors, as appropriate
- Act as partner to HRBPs in resolving high-level Leave of Absence process issues
- Participate in annual renewal meetings and Open Enrollment
- Maintains partnerships with broker and vendors
- Evaluate employee benefits vendor contracts and coordinate necessary reviews and approvals
- Facilitate weekly Benefits orientations for new hires
- Participate in compensation data gathering, survey completion and data analysis
- Act as primary compensation partner for job pricing of new positions
- Partner with Talent Acquisition team to receive and compile candidate feedback with respect to compensation and benefits issues
- Maintain internal compensation database showing market reference points for each role and job matches
- Partner with the Head of Total Rewards on the annual salary planning and semi-annual bonus cycles from design to launch
- Support and educate Managers on the Compensation programs and processes
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- Bachelors Degree in HR Management or related field
- 5-7 years experience in administering compensation and benefit programs
- Fully proficient in Excel/Google Sheets
- Ability to perform well within a fast-paced environment that requires working on multiple projects at once, without compromising quality and service levels
- Demonstrated ability to partner and collaborate with team peers and business stakeholders
- Strong problem solving skills required to research, analyze and troubleshoot data, process and workflow issues and the initiative to take action and surface existing gaps
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Ability to work independently, exercise good judgement, have exceptional organizational and attention to detail skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality regarding employee information
Equal Employment Opportunity
Golden Hippo strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, for applicants in Los Angeles, California, and consistent with applicable laws in other areas.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Golden Hippo recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Golden Hippo may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
AL AK AZ AR CA CO CT FL HI ID IL IN KS MA MI MT NV NM NY NC OH OR TN VA TX UT WA Remote