Cie is a venture studio that serves as a growth accelerator for bold entrepreneurs and an innovation lab for visionary corporate partners who want to transform disruptive ideas into new technology ventures.
We are looking for a dynamic HR Business Partner who will be passionate about developing the culture and careers of our employees in an extremely fast-moving organization as well as those in our startups.
As a strategic and hands-on business partner to the leadership team, you will enhance an already thriving company culture, while continuously defining new ways to develop and grow our startup teams. You will report into our COO and spearhead key initiatives from leading the performance management process to benefit administration, policy updates, and building partnerships with leaders within the organization.
If you are an HR guru who knows compliance like the back of their hand, thrives in a startup environment and has a passion for people…then APPLY HERE!
What You Will be Achieving in the First Year.
- Have a seat at the table - Be a partner of the go-to-market launch team
- Accelerate your career - Become the guiding force for rapid growing start-ups in relation to compliance, policies, and procedures
- Leave your mark - Work with C Suites to help create and mold company culture specialized to each startup
What You’ll Do.
- Be an administrator. Oversee key HR procedures, policies, and documentation.
- Solutions can’t hide from you. You will be the go-to person that our leadership and internal teams come to when there is a new challenge. You will help us get through the unknown or never before seen situations and find a solution.
- Be the compliance captain. Be on the lookout for new state regulations across the country and keep the team up to date.
- Be the performance management expert. Provide training/coaching as needed. Prepare disciplinary action forms, performance improvement plans and manage the performance review processes.
- Be the point person for new hires. You’ll be in charge of managing the onboarding process from sending welcome emails, to conducting orientation, completing new hire paper work, processing E-verify, and ensuring new hires feel at home quickly.
- Be the benefits partner. You’ll be responsible for working with our brokers on benefit administration, open enrollment, 401k administration, Workers Compensation, ACA and 5500 Filing.
- All things Leaves of Absence. FMLA, PDL, PFL, CFRA, SDI – you’ll be in charge of it all.
- On Alert or Be On Alert. You will keep an eye out for the good, the bad, and be ready for action.
- Go the extra mile. Be thorough in execution and rollout of deliverables and make yourself available to answer questions for team members and business partners.
What You’ll Need to Succeed.
- Solid working knowledge. 5-7 years of Human Resources experience is required.
- Working knowledge of California law and ready to learn other State requirements. You’ll need to help us stay in compliance and voice concerns for potential risk factors.
- Excellent time management skills. You’ll need to be able to reshuffle and adjust to constantly changing priorities.
- Ability to Pivot Pivot PIVOT. You will work with multiple startups at different stages of growth that have their own unique systems, locations, regulations, and policies.
- Informative and Persuasive is your name. Know how to tailor your communication strategy to your audience, what they need to know and how they will best process and respond to the information.
- Be comfortable in your skin. You should have the same level of comfort speaking to, brainstorming with and strategizing with teammates as you have with executives and vendors/business partners.
- Be one with the people. You’ll need to know how to work with people and bring out the best of their strengths and production.
- Ability to work well independently and with team members.
What We Offer.
At Cie, we’re looking for bright, independent, collaborative, self-motivated, and experienced people who have a passion for building disruptive companies. Our compensation packages consist of salary and equity, and are commensurate with accomplishment. We offer a full suite of benefits.
- Competitive salary: Based on experience and performance.
- Ownership: The right candidate will have the opportunity to work in an exciting start-up environment with accelerated vertical growth. You’ll work with a smart group of driven and talented project and account managers, designers, and developers.
- Health/Benefits: Full suite of benefits including Medical, Dental, Visual, Life, Paid Vacation and a 401k.
- The Right Gear: All the bells and whistles you need to drive results.
- The Right Culture: We are remote…for now! In your future be prepared for: frequent team events and friendly competition. Yeah, we love ping pong too. Tourney day is right around the corner…
Read Full Job Description