Director of People and Culture
Cie Digital Labs is a growth accelerator for emerging start-ups and innovation accelerator for large enterprises. We are looking for a Director of People and Culture who is passionate about acquiring top-tier talent and developing the careers of employees in an extremely fast-moving organization.
As Head of People and Culture at Cie Digital Labs, you will be responsible for defining and advancing a top-tier employee experience that spans the full life cycle. As a strategic and hands-on partner to the CDL leadership team, you will enhance an already thriving company culture while continuously defining new ways of building and enhancing team culture; to accelerate the growth of both Cie Digital Labs and it's startup portfolio. You will manage an already fully built out Talent Acquisition and Human Resources team reporting to the COO.
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACHIEVING IN YOUR 1ST YEAR:
- Be a core pillar of the go to market launch team
- Rapidly scale start-ups by winning top tier talent
- Launch new startups by rapidly replicating first class people and culture infrastructure
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Create a people strategy and a plan that delivers on Cie Digital Labs' ambitious needs and goals. This includes talent acquisition, performance review/acceleration, coaching & training, onboarding/offboarding processes, employee retention, and employee benefits
- Establish a solid foundation of trust and credibility to be an effective listener and problem solver of personal and organizational challenges
- Drive continuous focus on initiatives to create a high-performance organization, reflecting Cie Digital Labs' culture and core values in its recruitment, training and benefits programs
- Evaluate, select, and manage vendors providing HR tools, systems, programs (such as training), and services
- Oversee HR systems, in addition to performance analysis, metrics tuning, and reporting via dashboards presented to Cie Digital Labs' Executive Board
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
- 7+ years of experience in a People/HR role with continuously expanding scope, in a high-growth technology environment
- Thoughtful reflection on past successes and failures, and a personal philosophy around People, Culture and Talent Acquisition
- Strong business acumen and ability to turn business goals into HR policies and procedures to optimize team performance and culture
- Must have self-driven prioritization abilities and comfortable with a high-volume workload
- Visionary thought leadership mindset to inspire high performance and rapid growth, but you don’t mind operating at the tactical level as needed
- Expertise in the development and execution of an effective talent acquisition strategy, from hiring to people development
- Social media savvy for Facebook, Reddit, Twitter, LinkedIn and recruiting software applications
- Proven knowledge of employment and labor laws including FMLA, CFRA, ADA and worker’s compensation leave laws (US, State & Local)
- Optimistic and enthusiastic "team player" mentality driven to create a positive work environment through collaboration, teambuilding, and influencing skills
WHAT WE'RE UP TO:
- Coverage on our partnership with Wavemaker Partners
- Forbes Article: "How One Company Is Leading The Way In Corporate Innovation"
- BuilInLA Article: "Looking ahead: The trends LA tech companies are watching in 2019"
- #21 in BuiltInLA's "100 BEST PLACES TO WORK IN LOS ANGELES 2019"
WHAT WE OFFER:
At Cie Digital Lab’s, we’re looking for fun, bright, independent, self-motivated, and experienced people who have a passion for building disruptive technology and strong desire for achievement. Our compensation packages consist of salary and equity and are commensurate with accomplishment. We offer a full suite of benefits.
- Ownership: The right candidate will have the opportunity to work in an exciting start-up environment with accelerated vertical growth. You will be able to own strategy as well as execution in a position that will impact the entire business
- Personal Growth: Our fast-paced start-up environment is perfect for highly driven individuals to gain exposure to learning opportunities that rarely arise in large corporate environments or singularly focused start-ups
- Opportunity: You will be at the forefront of building businesses in an entrepreneurial environment. Not only will you be able to experience some amazing achievements but you will also personally, professionally and financially benefit
Read Full Job Description