Strategic Finance Analyst at AvantStay
What you’ll do…
- Partner effectively with functional teams to produce and prepare monthly, quarterly and annual forecasts and budgets, tracking them against actual performance, and delivering insights to management.
- Support the team with regular financial reporting, metrics and analysis, as well as ad-hoc financial analyses and projects.
- Maintain company operating model and work with executive team for raising equity and debt capital through various rounds of complex financing.
- Analyze new acquisitions and development opportunities and prepare financial analysis on the viability of each transaction, incorporating a variety of capital and financing structures.
- Assist in analyzing potential investments including market and financial analyses.
- Perform acquisition due diligence including the review of leases, financial conditions, historical property operating results, financial assumptions and other information.
- Build complex models that support the implementation, execution and progress, of innovative and strategic decisions.
- Work with operations managers forecast City P&Ls, assist with strategic planning and performance evaluation.
- Develop and maintain department-specific financial models and dashboards to provide business leaders and managers with insights into their KPIs.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports and presentations, including work to be presented to company executives and the Board of Directors, and assist with the fundraising process, which will provide you with exposure to world-class venture capital funds.
- Improve financial insights by analyzing results, monitoring variances, identifying trends, and recommending actions to management.
What you’ll bring…
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- 1-2 years' experience in investment banking at top-tier investment bank, 1-2 years of experience in public and/or high-growth startup FP&A, Audit/Assurance, Strategic Finance, or other Corporate Finance roles.
- Experience in Real Estate is a plus.
- You have a strong business acumen and know that problem-solving goes beyond the numbers. You can think through multiple scenarios and apply strategic judgment to assist with decision making
- You are a self-starter and have a bias for action. You will have a unique opportunity to help implement enterprise-level financial infrastructure, create new analyses and cross-functional projects.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, demonstrated ability to perform quantitative and qualitative analysis of assets using financial modeling techniques. Demonstrated ability to effectively define and resolve problems that balance multiple needs and interests.
- Excellent communication and people skills and an ability to work in a fast-paced, high-growth company. Proven ability to build strong working relationships with business partners and are seen as a trusted advisor.
- Salary: $80,00-$120,000
- Generous stock option
- Benefits and Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Team bonding and off-site events
- Complimentary and discount stays at AvantStay properties