Aspiration is the first VC-backed neobank on a mission to be the leading consumer financial services brand and company focused on sustainability and the environment. At Aspiration, we created the category of sustainable, socially responsible retail consumer finance. We offer unique financial products to let people save, spend, and invest their money in ways that make them more financially secure and align with their personal values. Unlike other financial institutions, Aspiration is committed to building a relationship with our customers based on trust and aligning the customer’s success with our own. Aspiration has raised over $200M in funding to date, and is growing quickly.
What You'll Do
- Preparing and booking journal entries.
- Manage accounts payable and act as a liaison for vendors to reconcile any billing discrepancies.
- Prepare reconciliations for balance sheet accounts .
- Track and monitor accounts receivable.
- Assist with month-end close process.
- Preparing and analyzing the monthly cash expenditures.
- Maintain general ledger accounts by reconciling bank and credit card accounts.
- Support accounting team and ensure backup documentation is properly filed and organized.
- Assist with other ad-hoc or project-related responsibilities as needed to support the Finance Department.
What You'll Bring
- 2+ experience in a Accounting Role, preferably at a Big4
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Strong working knowledge of Excel (pivot tables, vlookup)
- Knowledge of US GAAP
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced work environment
- Driven to learn fast, be creative, and win as a team
- Ability to meet hard deadlines
What You'll Get
- Work for a mission-driven company to transform the lives of millions by building a better, values-oriented financial firm
- Competitive Salary and Equity Incentives
- Robust Healthcare Plans (medical, dental, vision)
- 401K & Unlimited Vacation Time
- Diverse & Inclusive Culture
Read Full Job Description