WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR . . .
At Versus, we enhance the game-playing experience. We are seeking a Staff Accountant with 2 - 4 years of professional experience digesting and computing high volumes of data, managing and processing financial info, and a demonstrated expertise with Excel. This position works in close collaboration with our CFO, Head of People, and Head of BD, managing multiple money-related projects including journal entry prep, account recon, and the organization’s general financial reporting. You will be the go-to financial expert for day-to-day operations.
Prior experience working in an agile and highly-iterative environment is a must. Our products reach a varied audience and depend upon several different markets. You'll need to be flexible, creative, and thoughtful. We're a fast-growing team with a strong product focus. We value collaboration and creativity - every single engineer, product designer, and member of our team contributes to the roadmap of the company.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING . . .
- Participating in all activities related to full-cycle accounting, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, creating journal entries, reconciling general ledger accounts, and researching and resolving item discrepancies
- Analyzing transactions to identify and correct inaccuracies
- Performing monthly accrual analyses and comply with internal controls
- Maintaining a tight monthly reporting schedule and developing and maintaining multiple audit schedules
- Communicating with the Verus management team to keep them in the loop about important fiscal goings-on
YOU’LL NEED . . .
- Minimum BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance, or related studies
- Self-awareness and motivation: you power ahead to find accurate answers as efficiently as possible and are self-motivated to comb through heavy workloads without sacrificing meticulous attention to detail
- Global comprehension of world markets: you understand that clear communication is key to strong team-building and work hard to create a candid, collaborative environment that transcends borders and time zones; your understanding of how payments systems vary across regions and currencies helps you set a truly global standard for quality
- Excellent communication skills: you can effortlessly translate technical jargon into clear, concise information for the team to understand
WE WOULD LOVE TO SEE . . .
- Someone excited to see how far they can make this role grow; we’re doing big things and would love for you to play a big part in what helps us realize our goals
At Versus our mission is to make games more fun - not once, but over and over. We value diversity & inclusion, empathy for our colleagues and our partners, and curiosity to explore and learn new things.
We offer competitive salaries, equity packages, medical, dental, vision, 401(K) matching, flexible hours, paid maternity and paternity leave, and paid vacation time that we encourage you to actually take.
- Competitive compensation and equity packages
- Healthcare and benefits
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Flexible work day schedule
- Matched 401(K)