Staff Accountant at Thrive Market (Greater LA Area, CA or Remote)
| Greater LA Area | Remote
Employer Provided Salary: $75,000-$85,000 Annually
Salary data is provided by the employer. Please note this is not a guarantee of compensation.
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:00 p.m. (PST) on Wednesday, February 15, 2023
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
ABOUT THRIVE MARKET
Thrive Market was founded in 2014 with a mission to make healthy living easy and affordable for everyone. As an online, membership-based market, we deliver the highest quality healthy and sustainable products at member-only prices, while matching every paid membership with a free one for someone in need. Every day, we leverage innovative technology and member-first thinking to help our over 1,000,000+ members find better products, support better brands, and build a better world in the process. We recently reached a significant milestone by becoming a Certified B Corporation, making us the largest grocer to earn this coveted qualification.
We are looking for a Staff Accountant to join our growing Accounting team. This is an excellent opportunity to professionally develop within a booming e-commerce, CPG industry. You will not only own day-to-day accounting responsibilities, but you will also be able to build strong relationships with business partners. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, have a keen eye for detail, and independently and reliably work closely with team members throughout various levels of the company
- Prepare and record daily, weekly, and monthly cash and other transactional journal entries
- Support month-end close process
- Maintain and reconcile assigned balance sheet accounts
- Process employee expense reimbursement reports and manage related communications with employees
- Assist with annual financial audit
- Assist with AR collections and communications
- Assist with vendor/customer creation process
- Potential to take on ad-hoc accounting projects and other duties necessary to support the accounting & finance team
- 2+ years of experience in accounting
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related field
- Extremely detail and process-oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with an emphasis on Excel
- Polished professional communication skills
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently or as a team member
- Have an interest in learning and growing within an accounting department
- NetSuite knowledge is a plus
BELONG TO A BETTER COMPANY
- Comprehensive health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life and disability)
- Competitive salary (DOE) + equity
- 401k plan
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Subsidized ClassPass Membership with access to fitness classes and wellness and beauty experiences
- Stocked kitchen in our Thrive Market Home Office with Thrive Market products
- Dog-Friendly Office
- Yoga, meditation and other weekly events for mindfulness
- Coverage for Life Coaching & Therapy Sessions on our holistic mental health and well-being platform
- Free Thrive Market membership and discount on private label products
- Casual atmosphere and great people to work with
We're a community of more than 1 Million + members who are united by a singular belief: It should be easy to find better products, support better brands, make better choices, and build a better world in the process.
Feeling intimidated or hesitant about applying because you don’t meet every requirement? Studies prove that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs if they do not meet every single qualification. At Thrive Market, we believe in building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic culture. If you are excited about this role along with our mission and values, we sincerely encourage you to apply anyways! As the great Los Angeles King Wayne Gretzky said, “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” Take the shot!
Thrive Market is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer
At Thrive Market, our goal is to be a diverse and inclusive workplace that is representative, at all job levels, of the members we serve and the communities we operate in. We’re proud to be an inclusive company and an Equal Opportunity Employer and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. If you’re thinking about joining our team, we expect that you would agree!
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please email us at [email protected] and we’ll be happy to assist you.
Ensure your Thrive Market job offer is legitimate and don't fall victim to fraud. Thrive Market never seeks payment from job applicants. Thrive Market recruiters will only reach out to applicants from an @thrivemarket.com email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.thrivemarket.com.
© Thrive Market 2023 All rights reserved.
- Compensation Description - The base salary range for this position is $75,000-85,000/Per Year.
- Compensation may vary outside of this range depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and geographic location.
- Total Compensation includes Base Salary, Stock Options, Health & Wellness Benefits, Unlimited PTO, and more!
Read Full Job Description