Versus Systems is seeking an accounting wiz to perform daily tasks, account analyses, and year- and month-end closing activities while overseeing and analyzing our cash accounts, reconciling from bank statements to general ledger. You’ll report to the Controller and regularly present your findings to other relevant parties in the course of business.
As our Sr Staff Accountant you’ll be our go-to for reporting, documenting, and calculating our financial flow. This role comes with ample room for growth. As a member of our growing finance team, there will be space to create processes, reporting structures, and assist with plotting our best path forward as we scale. You’ll work alongside our Business Development and Accounts teams while also being a source of information for navigating our recently-acquired Nasdaq listing.
We are a small, collaborative team dedicated to making content more fun. Every person contributes to the overall process and roadmap of Versus. Our approach is highly cooperative and influenced by continuous problem-solving with a commitment to making things better every day.
YOU WILL HAVE . . .
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business, or equivalent, accounting-specific work experience
- Designation as a Certified Public Accountant (C.P.A.)
- 5+ years of experience in accounting
- High attention to detail and demonstrated skill with volumes of financial and numeric data
- Strong Excel experience and a familiarity with business solutions software
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with equally strong interpersonal skills
- 2+ years as an accountant at a publicly-traded company (preferably with a Nasdaq listing) with a working knowledge of reporting requirements
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and competing deadlines
- Performing month-end close activities, including preparation of journal entries and reconciliations for various balance sheet and income statement accounts
- Conducting financial statement analyses and documenting meaningful explanations for fluctuations
- Implementing corporate accounting policies and procedures with particular focus on revenue recognition and cash management
- Assisting with financial reporting as required for Board meetings and other investor-related requests
- Participating in the creation and implementation of new accounting systems and processes improvement initiatives
- Playing an integral role in the continued development, implementation, maintenance and troubleshooting of the Company’s financial accounting systems
- Working on multiple complex projects while owning the process from start to finish with minimal supervision
- Supporting audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility
- Managing the accounts payable processing of receiving invoices, properly classifying expenses, remitting payments to vendors, maintaining and organizing AP files
- Someone excited to see how far they can make this role grow; we’re doing big things and would love for you to play a big part in what helps us realize our goals
Versus makes entertainment more fun - not once, but over and over. Diversity & inclusion are at the foundation of who we are as a company, and we operate with empathy for our colleagues and our partners, with curiosity to explore and learn new things.
We offer competitive salaries, equity packages, medical, dental, vision, 401K matching, flexible (currently remote) hours, paid maternity and paternity leave, and paid vacation time that we encourage you to actually take.WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation and equity packages
- Healthcare and benefits (including disability insurance)
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Flexible work day schedule - currently fully remote for COVID
- Matched 401(K)