Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the month and year-end accounting close, including assigned journal entries, accruals, and account reconciliations.
- Ensure financial records are properly maintained in accordance with US GAAP.
- Perform monthly balance sheet and income statement account reconciliations and prepare the appropriate journal entries.
- Provide support to AP function to ensure proper account coding and recording of month-end accruals.
- Perform daily/weekly tasks such as postings for routine banking transactions, daily cash activity.
- Ensure fixed assets and depreciation schedules are maintained and reconciled to the general ledger.
- Analyze financial statements on a monthly basis and document variance analyses.
- Assist in providing information requested by the external auditors and tax preparers.
- Research complex accounting issues.
- Key contributor to proposing and driving improvements to the monthly financial close process.
- Additional duties as reasonably required.
- Solid understanding of US GAAP and application of accounting principles.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to evaluate financial results.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Required Education & Experience
- Minimum four (4) years of related work experience with a combination of public accounting. and private industry experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting/Finance.
Education & Experience
- Large/midsize public accounting preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or demonstrated progress toward designation
- Industry experience in manufacturing, retail or consumer product goods
Benefits & Perks
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation package with stock options at a high-growth startup
- Company-sponsored 401(k) plan
- Paid holidays and sick days
- Flexible vacation policy
- Flexible work from home options
- Catered lunches and free snacks (even for remote work)
- Fitness subsidies
- One R&D day per sprint