Senior Accountant at GumGum
GumGum’s Accounting Department ensures the accuracy, organization, and timely reporting of the company’s domestic and international financial operations. Our accountants perform financial functions related to the collection, analysis, and presentation of the company’s finances. They manage our general ledger, analyze accounts, prepare financial statements and produce comprehensive financial reports for management- all integral and vital to the company’s growth and success.
As a Senior Accountant at GumGum, this role reports to the G/L Manager and is primarily responsible for managing the general ledger, analyzing accounts and creating financial reports. This role requires someone who is proactive, self-directed and team oriented with strong G/L and technical accounting experience and the resourcefulness to take on a variety of assignments.
****Please note we are working from home until September 2021
- Assist in the ownership of the general ledger and the month-end close process, including the preparation and review of journal entries and supporting work papers for key balance sheet and expense accounts
- Create and maintain accounting schedules and roll-forwards for fixed assets, prepaids and accruals, record associated monthly adjusting journal entries, and report on results when necessary
- Build out and maintain the process of recording and reconciling capitalized software and publisher commissions
- Perform monthly/quarterly balance sheet and income statement fluctuation analyses and provide explanation on variances
- Support annual internal and external financial and international statutory audits, including the preparation of audit schedules, financial statements and footnotes
- Play a key role in general process improvements and process documentation for all facets of the accounting cycle
- Support management team with ad hoc requests
- BS/BA in related field is required. Degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics preferred
- 4+ years of progressive accounting experience
- Min 2 years experience maintaining schedules is a must!
- Min 2 years experience with financial statement analytics and trend analyses
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP required. IFRS and JP GAAP preferred
- Proven track record of strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to navigate enterprise accounting systems such as NetSuite or similar
- A proactive, self-directed approach with the ability to multi-task, think creatively, meet deadlines and learn quickly in a high-volume environment
- Team oriented with a positive attitude
- Ability to work autonomously without supervision
- Self motivated to develop, be challenged and learn in a fast paced environment
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive health, vision and dental benefits
- Healthcare including 100% coverage for Employee + Spouse/family
- Dependent care FSA
- Employer-matched 401(k) plan
- Stock incentive program (role dependent)
- Paid parental leave
- Goodly - student loan contribution plan
- WFH monthly stipend
- Fitness reimbursement and wellness workshops
- Discounted Pet Health Program
- Flexible time off and work schedule
- Stocked kitchen & Everytable Smartfridge
- Dog-friendly office - we love our fur babies!
- Incredible work/life balance with a collaborative and friendly work space
- GumGum Gives Back volunteering opportunities
- Team building lunches and events, and monthly company celebrations
- Virtual monthly team bonding events
Career & Development Focus
- Ongoing learning and development for education opportunities such as webinars, books, classes, relevant conferences and events
- Opportunities to pursue business related side projects and yearly Hackathon
- Highly encouraged to contribute to open source software, including our own open source software
- Environment of learning from peers, including meetups, presentations and blog posts
- Anniversary recognition and awards
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology
- Life Skills sessions - geared towards the whole life/ health / person
- Leadership Bites Dinner Series - connecting current and future GumGum leaders over great food and meaningful conversation
- Stride - our company council committee to share learnings, give updates and provide feedback to the company regarding initiatives and discussions around diversity, inclusion and equity.
We invite you to learn more about GumGum!
GumGum is an AI company with expertise in computer vision built on the imagination of its people. Each day, our talented team of thinkers and doers comes together to solve hard problems on behalf of the world’s most successful businesses. Through a combination of computer science, creativity and hustle, we’ve produced a series of major technology breakthroughs across a variety of industries - from advertising to sports.
GumGum is constantly evolving to be at the forefront of computer vision and machine learning advancements. With nearly 10 years experience, we use our proprietary image recognition technology to deliver highly engaging, contextually relevant ad experiences across premium publishers all over the world.
Our Products & Services...
Our Advertising business serves contextual marketing messages in line with content users are actively engaged with.
Verity, GumGum's contextual analysis tool, combines natural language processing with computer vision technology to execute a multi-layered reading process by parsing the body text, headlines, image captions with natural language processing; at the same time, using computer vision to parse the main visuals.
Our Sports business helps marketers and rights holders understand the full media value of their sponsorship investments across broadcast and social media. And we deliver on brand safety by leveraging our AI to detect unsafe text and imagery, allowing us to deliver ads in brand safe, contextually relevant environments.
What’s a Hackathon? We’re glad you asked. Our employees split into teams and spend 48 hours ‘hacking’ together before presenting their ideas to our executive team. It’s a chance for anyone within our company to showcase the visions they want to bring to fruition.
GumGum recently earned LA’s Best Places to Work Award in 2021 by BuiltInLA, and Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work in 2020 and it’s no surprise why. With company-sponsored social hours, annual holiday celebrations and on-site gatherings, GumGummers enjoy a fun, creative and collaborative workplace. We provide ourselves on our strong track record of giving employees the autonomy and support they need to succeed. Check us out on Instagram: @gumgum
Oh, and doggies...
We love our dogs so much, we even have an Instagram dedicated to them! Follow us: @dogsofgumgum