Construction affects the lives of nearly everyone in the world. It’s a $10T global industry, employing 7% of the world’s population. However, it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries. Construction is in need of transformation, and Procore is right at the forefront. Will you join our journey?
With over 10,000 customers and a growing international footprint, Procore is looking for a Head of Finance Operations (FinOps) to drive key deliverables that improve efficiency, scalability, and process excellence across all Finance and Accounting operations and systems. In this role, you’ll guide high-level strategy by applying a deep understanding of Procore’s go-to-market approach, products, deal priorities, and broader finance workflows to implement solutions and critical improvement initiatives. Successful candidates are exceptional strategic leaders with the tactical skills needed to drive day-to-day implementation and execution.
This position reports to our SVP of Finance and Accounting and can be based remotely in the US with the expectation of regular travel to our Austin, TX office and Carpinteria, CA headquarters. We’re looking for someone to join us immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the Finance Organization’s operations needs, including scaling services, processes, systems, and tools for the Finance, Accounting, Corporate Development, Strategy, and Compliance teams
- With a strong process architecture mindset, implement and support multi-functional global projects, such as quote-to-cash automation, international expansion, strategic partnerships, payments automation, ERP automation, expansion, etc.
- Define long-term strategy, help drive prioritization, analyze trade-offs, and set the overall Financial systems roadmap to improve existing and future state operations, systems, and processes
- Drive program objectives, including providing program management, defining project plans, managing implementation activities, and developing processes, documentation, and communications for program/process rollout and ongoing support
- Develop KPIs and service level agreements for core programs and processes, monitor operational KPIs, partner with teams to set short, medium, and long-term operational goals for improvements, and track delivery against program objectives
- Manage mergers and acquisition initiatives and processes for the department, ensure appropriate staff utilization, and drive critical issues
- Collaborate and build relationships with Finance, IT, Revenue, Product, Technology, Strategy, external partners, and global system and business owners
- Lead, motivate, and enable a small team to work successfully in a fast-paced, often ambiguous, rapidly changing environment; Serve as an active leader in cross-departmental operational committees
What we’re looking for:
- 10+ years of experience in corporate finance or revenue operations roles
- 5+ years of people management experience
- Bachelor's Degree is preferred or equivalent work experience
- Experience with Saas/software, multinational and high growth public companies preferred.
- Broad business knowledge of finance and accounting principles and regulatory frameworks (i.e., SOX), and understanding of key operational processes and technology concepts (i.e., Quote to Cash, Procure to Pay, Variable Compensation, Payroll, Financial Close and Reporting)
- With exceptional attention to detail, expertise in analyzing problems and implementing systems, workflows, and controls, including Netsuite, Coupa, Concur, Zuora or other enterprise billing applications, Salesforce, ADP or other enterprise payroll platforms, Anaplan, and similar systems
- Strong systems and analytical skills with the ability to carry out short and long-range strategic planning efforts
- Experience defining program requirements, using data and metrics to determine improvements, and establishing priorities, standard operating procedures, and coordinate work activities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills necessary to gather and elevate requirements, share deliverables and project milestones, and communicate clearly and effectively within and across departments
- Ability to work independently, proactively, and quickly establish credibility by identifying problems and recommending solutions
- Experience in a fast-growing enterprise SAAS/subscription environment highly valued
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes, and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.