Head of Banking Operations at Aspiration
| Greater LA Area | Remote
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:32 a.m. (PST) on Saturday, March 13, 2021
Aspiration is the first VC-backed neobank on a mission to be the leading consumer financial services brand and company focused on sustainability and the environment. At Aspiration, we created the category of sustainable, socially responsible retail consumer finance. We offer unique financial products to let people save, spend, and invest their money in ways that make them more financially secure and align with their personal values. Unlike other financial institutions, Aspiration is committed to building a relationship with our customers based on trust and aligning the customer’s success with our own. Aspiration has raised over $200M in funding to date, and is growing quickly.
The Head of Banking Operations is responsible for overseeing the daily functions of all of Aspiration’s financial products and their uninterrupted delivery to Aspiration’s customers. The incumbent will be tasked with improving existing processes and building new processes in a fast-paced Product-driven technology company. The position is directly responsible for leveraging their broad and deep expertise to facilitate the creation of world-class customer experiences while maintaining compliance with government regulations and other industry operational, financial and security risks.
What You'll Do
- Lead and develop the people and process within Aspiration’s established, high-functioning banking operations team.
- Work closely with strategic third-party partnerships (including technology and automation) to drive greater operational efficiency and the customer experience in delivering solutions.
- Execute strategies successfully, resolve issues, and provide support on all operational matters throughout Aspiration
- Ensure customer experience with banking operations is exceptional and aligned with customer-centric values.
- Work effectively and cross-functionally with business and functional units throughout Aspiration to identify, analyze, and drive seamless delivery of customer solutions to the marketplace and to support sustainable growth.
- Provide leadership and direction in the areas of banking operations with a sound eye towards compliance and banking risk management.
- Develop a robust, world-class process framework that contributes to the effective iterative improvement of customer outcomes, efficiency and risk mitigation.
- Communicate complex issues effectively and manage key senior-level relationships with executive management peers, core business partners, and provide credible support when needed during regulatory examinations.
- Possess technical knowledge of payment networks with the ability to make critical, timely decisions about their implications.
- Work with operations management to create and manage long-term goals, budgets, and operating plans.
What You'll Bring
- 10+ years of fintech banking and broker dealer operations experience with sound knowledge of money movement, payments and core banking functions i.e. checking, savings, cards, ACH, wires, check processing etc. Knowledge of the lending platforms is an added advantage.
- Expert in operational performance and financial risk metrics, with the ability to quantify outcomes and improve them; familiarity with and demonstrated experience applying decision analytics in a similar role preferred.
- Proven experience driving greater automation and use of technology in improving operational efficiency and customer experience. An advocate of continuous improvement.
- Proficient in developing process flows, procedures and controls and creating an environment of oversight, training and performance metrics to ensure its complete adherence.
- Developing new programs and processes to support the strategic direction of the organization.
- Working with operations management to create and manage long-term goals, budgets, and operating plans.
- Working knowledge of banking compliance and risk management functions.
- Proven leadership skills with at least 5 years of experience in managing complex projects and teams of greater than 30 FTE; demonstrated ability to lead from the front and improve diverse, remote teams into successful outcomes strongly preferred.
- Ensuring goals are met in areas including customer satisfaction, safety, quality, and team member performance.
- Advanced degree (JD, MBA, MA/MS) strongly preferred.
- CRCM, CAMS and CFE certifications are strongly preferred but not required .
- Organized, detail-oriented, and ability to work independently.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong collaboration and team-building skills.
What You'll Get
- Making an impact for a company with a mission of transforming the financial industry and the lives of millions
- Robust healthcare plans, 401K and unlimited vacation time
- Diverse & inclusive culture
Read Full Job Description