We are Mythical Games. A Venture-backed next-generation game technology company at the intersection of video games and economics led by industry veterans. Our goal is to lead the industry in supporting the launch of exceptional video game experiences that leverage distributed ledger technology by providing a platform of robust technology, tools, and data for game developers.
We are seeking a FP&A Manager, Cost Management to join a growing Mythical Accounting & Finance team. As a member of the Mythical FP&A team, you will play a key role in planning and leading coordination cross-functionally to drive cost efficiency and support rapid growth.
The Accounting & Finance team includes Accounting, Tax, Finance Innovation and Transformation, and FP&A. Together, the team partners with leadership to provide insights, information, and guidance to make strategic and operational decisions.
This is an exciting opportunity for financial professionals that have a proven record of success and are looking for growth in a high technology environment. You will be interacting with engineering, product, fraud & player security, business development, HR, legal, accounting, and finance for capital budgeting needs and provide cost analysis for all levels of management. Under the direction of the Director of FP&A, you will establish and implement means and methods to develop and track, and mitigate cost risks across all Mythical initiatives.
What You’ll Do
- Monitor the hosting costs of the game and marketplace operations and partner with the internal and external stakeholders to negotiate cost-effective contracts with technology vendors
- Partner with the technology organization to streamline and reduce costs to ensure maximum profitability
- Research and evaluate country specific incentives and technology, development availability as part of the international expansion strategy
- Partner with the talent acquisition team to direct recruiting and workforce planning to support rapid growth of the company
- Calculate cost accruals and drive cost allocations across various project for accounting to facilitate month end close with supporting documentation
- Automate financial models to create efficiency in cost allocation forecasts and reducing forecast cycles
- Provide cost analysis and work cross-functionally to account for the capital budgeting needs
- Create monthly and quarterly business review standardized reports for the leadership and product teams, resulting in better transparency and accountability of operating costs
- Support the Company’s annual operating plan and rolling forecasts, managing budgeting tools, reporting and communication
- Support the long-range financial forecasting and business modeling and ad-hoc projects in partnership with the senior leadership team.
- Contribute to the FP&A planning cadences, reporting requirements, and corporate-level reporting, forecasting, and consolidations
- Build sophisticated in-depth financial models from scratch to enable business planning and decision-making
- Explore data to come up with meaningful insights
- Work in a fast-paced, dynamic team working environment
What We’re Looking For
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in finance, accounting, or another business-related field
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in prior finance roles
- CPA, MBA, or strong understanding of accounting
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and executive presence
- Experience managing and leading a team
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and communicate with peers, subordinates, and executive management.
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience developing financial metrics, operating cadence, and key FP&A activities
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with a highly motivated team
Our team values diversity and believes that it strengthens our products, and communities. We strongly encourage POC, folks with disabilities, those belonging to the LGBTQIA+ communities, and folks across all gender identities to apply.
We offer our team benefits such as (but not limited to) high-quality Vision, Dental, and Health Care, generous Parental Leave, and Unlimited PTO to ensure that they actually take time off without the stress of needing to accrue time.
If you need assistance around accommodations due to a disability, please reach out to [email protected] We’ll be with you as soon as possible; our goal is to ensure an accessible and equitable interview process for everyone.