Financial Analyst at Deluxe Entertainment
Deluxe Entertainment Services Group, a wholly-owned subsidiary of MacAndrews & Forbes Holdings Inc., is the leading provider of a broad range of entertainment industry services and technologies. With facilities in Santa Monica, New York, Austin, Atlanta, Detroit, Chicago, New Orleans, Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal, London, and San Francisco, our Creative Services businesses offer complete film and digital solutions for production and post-production. Recent projects span across multiple media industries, including feature films, commercials, television, music videos and games. Deluxe’s Creative brands include Company 3, Method Studios, Beast Editorial, EFILM, Encore, Level 3 and StereoD.
We currently have an opening for a Financial Analyst. This position will be located Burbank, CA.
The Financial Analyst will support operational analysis and financial planning activities for the Feature and TV Post Production division, which provides post production, visual effects, 2D-3D Conversion and Animation services.
- Responsible for operational analysis and financial planning for Visual Effects and 2D-3D Conversion divisions.
- Provide analytical support for revenue recognition and project cost tracking, including working with production to provide finance support.
- Creates and maintains financial models and P&Ls to forecast revenue, expenses, and profits for multiple post production groups.
- Validate monthly actuals, allocations, and investigate variances against benchmarks.
- Assist in the consolidation and review of weekly project performance updates across all locations.
- Assist in the financial audit requests by gathering and preparing supporting analysis and documentation.
- Assist in development of forward-looking financial plans, including budgets, forecasts, and long-range financial plans.
- Additional duties include measurements of operational performance, capital expenditures analyses, operating metrics analyses, competitive and market benchmarking, and other ad hoc financial analyses as determined by the Manager.
- BA/BS required; ideally in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or Economics
- Internship or prior work experience in related business preferred, ideally 1+ years of experience as a Financial analyst
- Strong analytical and organization skills
- Attention to detail, desire for accuracy, and a strong sense of urgency
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong systems skills, especially MS Office Suite/Excel, experience with database systems, SAP/BPC a plus
- Passion for and basic understanding of the TV/Film business
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts, solve problems, and implement solutions
- We offer competitive pay and benefits program, including: medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
We offer competitive pay and benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
Deluxe’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.