Biller at Deluxe Entertainment
Company 3 is seeking a mid-entry level biller to work in our administrative offices. The ideal candidate should have a background in post-production workflows and billing, with skills necessary to improve our current procedures and reduce A/R delays. The applicant is responsible for ensuring that the billing functions are performed accurately and in a timely manner. The successful applicant will work on a number of tasks requiring data analysis, in-depth evaluation and exercising judgment within the appropriate scope of practice.
- The Biller is responsible for supporting the Accounting/Billing Department to accomplish department objectives including the process of invoicing in all aspects of billing to the customers on a timely and accurate manner for multiple divisions.
- Verify pricing/information as necessary to generate an accurate invoice and reports to the customers.
- Act as liaison with internal and external customers, including Producers, Customer Service Representatives, Sales and Operations to meet invoicing and month-end deadlines
- Coordinate with Credit / Collections and Corp Accountings on statement requests and new customer set-up and terms
- Help resolving collection issues resolution, and other clients’ needs as they arise (special billing arrangement and implementation…)
- Daily reconciliation and reporting of internal costs including 3rd party vendor services.
- Continuously evaluate the unbilled aging and propose potential actions/write-off to Accounting / Finance team.
- Ensure strict adherence to the company's billing policy/procedures.
- High school diploma/GED required (College degree preferred) and a minimum of 3 years experience in general accounting/billing
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs including Excel and Word with working knowledge of (XyTech, Concur and SAP preferred)
- Ability to travel and work between three office locations; Burbank, Hollywood and Santa Monica
- Previous entertainment industry experience with an understanding of post production workflows.
- Knowledge of XyTech, Concur ands SAP
- Strong customer service, creative problem solving, conflict resolution and process improvement skills.
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills and interpersonal skills are necessary to work with members of the finance department as well as with key sales and operations functional managers, supervisors, associates and external customers.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team at all levels with tact and diplomacy.
- Adherence to laws and confidentiality guidelines
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and successfully manage multiple assignments concurrently.