Medely connects medical facilities with top-quality, pre-screened independent healthcare professionals. We believe that empowering healthcare professionals will bring more open, efficient, and increasingly higher quality to patient care. We are a team of sharp, entrepreneurial individuals who are redefining the way healthcare staffing is done. We are currently looking for candidates to join our growing team who share our enthusiasm for tackling today’s toughest challenges in healthcare.
- Founded in 2016 and having recently secured their Series B, Medely is facing explosive growth in a $3.65 trillion U.S. healthcare market ripe for tech disruption (Forbes, 2019).
- Medely’s staffing platform provides high quality, on-demand professionals to more than four thousand healthcare facilities in over 50 U.S. markets. Their network boasts over forty thousand selectively vetted and credentialed healthcare professionals including nurses, medical assistants, technicians, and specialists.
- Medely has consistently exceeded growth goals and is excited to continue the momentum in 2021!
THE OPPORTUNITY: ASSOCIATE, STRATEGIC FINANCE
Medely is looking for a highly motivated strategic finance professional who will responsibly drive the company’s financial planning and analysis of financial performance under the guidance of the VP of Finance. This is an exciting opportunity to help scale Medely’s financial program from scratch! The ideal candidate will have strong analytical skills, finance and accounting expertise, and a strong willingness to roll up their sleeves and execute. Experience in the SaaS/software space is highly preferred.
What you will do
- Build sophisticated 3-statement financial models from scratch based on a deep understanding of our unit economics
- Work closely with company leaders to develop financial and operational forecasts, budgets, cost/benefit comparisons, and assist with decision making and measuring financial impact related to expansion, capital structure, and new products
- Think proactively about financial optimization across every facet of our business including operations, marketplace liquidity, and cash cycles
- Work closely with the leadership team on special projects and deal support
- Partner with accounting on management reporting and variance analysis
- Play a key role in developing and delivering business performance updates to leadership teams
- Collaborate with business functions (e.g. Sales, Recruiting, Marketing) to assemble data, build and maintain reports, and interpret findings to guide decision making
The skills and qualifications we are looking for
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Accounting, or other quantitative fields
- Experience: 2+ years in FP&A, Corporate Finance, Investment Banking or Consulting at either a high-growth company or a large, well-established organization
- Elite Excel/G Sheet skills: You must be an expert. Best practices are second nature, your models are efficient, scalable and intuitive
- Accounting: Working knowledge of accounting and US GAAP (bookings, revenue, deferred revenue)
- Attention to detail: Consistent with swift execution. We need to do things quickly and we need to do them well. Striking that balance can be challenging and this should be a strength of yours
- Presentation skills: PowerPoint deck building experience and constructing a presentation in a concise storytelling format
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills: Numbers are key, but a business is built with people and you will manage several different stakeholders in finance, the strategy and planning function, and beyond
- Analytical mindset: You get excited about deciphering huge data sets and cutting through irrelevant distractions to get to the heart of core data questions
- Self-starter and hands-on: You take initiative, are proactive, set and follow through on goals, and commit to your work
- SQL skills: The ability to self-serve, investigate, and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role
WHY MEDELY: BENEFITS & PERKS
- Competitive Compensation: Based on experience and performance
- Long Term Incentives: 401k
- Healthcare Benefits: Full suite of benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexibility: We believe that work/life balance is important, so we offer three weeks of vacation and ten paid holidays
- Energetic team environment
- Purpose: Join a growing mission-oriented startup that is modernizing the healthcare industry on a national scale!
- Ownership: Drive meaningful business impact on a team that you’ll help build and define!
We're an equal opportunity employer to all. We interview and hire applicants of all backgrounds, orientations, expressions, and identities.
Medley does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. We consider any resume (CV) or biography received from an agency or outside recruiter without prior approval from a member of the Medely Human Resources or Recruiting team to be unsolicited and gratuitous, and such submissions will not be recognized by Medely for purposes of “ownership” of the candidate.
Read Full Job Description