Accounts Payable Manager at GumGum
The Accounts Payable Manager reports to the Director of Accounting and is responsible for managing the AP department as well as all processes and procedures related to the AP function. This role is accountable for ensuring all GumGum suppliers and partners are paid on time and service disruptions do not occur. The role has responsibility for supplier payments across our US and International divisions which include the UK, Japan and Canada.
To be successful in this role the Account Payable manager needs to have a strong process orientation and be proactive, self-directed and team oriented with the resourcefulness to take on a variety of assignments.
****Please note we are working from home until September 2021
- Systems and Process
- Effectively manage automated AP workflow platform, Tipalti, for invoice processing. Work with IT, engineering, and 3rd party support team to resolve issues between Tipalti and NetSuite. Independently oversee resolution of invoice approval conflicts and disputes.
- Prepare annual 1099s and manage related inquiries.
- Prepare reports and analysis for audit and diligence requests throughout the year.
- Act as system administrator and main point of contact for the company’s travel platform, Lola
- Identify, develop, and implement process improvements.
- Develop, update, and revise documentation of accounts payable policies and procedures.
- Accounts Payable Payment Processing
- Ensure domestic and international (UK, Japan, Canada) vendor payments, publisher earnings and expense reimbursements are made timely and accurately.
- Close AP books monthly, including ensuring correct G/L coding, managing the accrual process, and completing general ledger account reconciliations.
- Client Service and Stakeholder Engagement
- Provide a high level of customer service to external and internal stakeholders on all Accounts Payable matters and act as the primary point of contact for the AP department.
- Work with the Procurement Director on payment run approvals, contract management and P2P system implementation and maintenance.
- Team Leadership
- Effectively manage the AP team, including conducting quarterly/annual reviews, delegation of responsibilities, and providing mentorship and training.
- High School Diploma. Degree in accounting, finance a plus, but not required
- 7+ years of progressive work experience as an Accounts Payable Specialist, Staff Accountant or Accounts Payable Manager
- 3 years minimum experience in supervisory/manager role
- Experience working in a company with multiple entities and disbursement accounts is a must.
- Experience in processing payments in foreign currency
- Proficient with Excel
- Skills in Sales CRM and Accounting software - Preferably experience with Salesforce and NetSuite accounting software
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive health, vision and dental benefits
- Healthcare including 100% coverage for Employee + Spouse
- Dependent care FSA
- Employer-matched 401(k) plan
- Stock incentive program (role dependent)
- Paid parental leave
- Goodly - student loan contribution plan
- WFH monthly stipend
- Fitness reimbursement and wellness workshops
- Discounted Pet Health Program
- Flexible time off and work schedule
- Stocked kitchen & Everytable Smartfridge
- Dog-friendly HQ office - we love our fur babies!
- Incredible work/life balance with a collaborative and friendly work space
- GumGum Gives Back volunteering opportunities
- Team building lunches and events, and monthly company celebrations
- Virtual monthly team bonding events
Career & Development Focus
- Ongoing learning and development for education opportunities such as webinars, books, classes, relevant conferences and events
- Opportunities to pursue business related side projects and yearly Hackathon
- Highly encouraged to contribute to open source software, including our own open source software
- Environment of learning from peers, including meetups, presentations and blog posts
- Anniversary recognition and awards
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology
- Life Skills sessions - geared towards the whole life/ health / person
- Leadership Bites Dinner Series - connecting current and future GumGum leaders over great food and meaningful conversation
- Stride - our company council committee to share learnings, give updates and provide feedback to the company regarding initiatives and discussions around diversity, inclusion and equity.
We invite you to learn more about GumGum!
GumGum is an AI company with expertise in computer vision built on the imagination of its people. Each day, our talented team of thinkers and doers comes together to solve hard problems on behalf of the world’s most successful businesses. Through a combination of computer science, creativity and hustle, we’ve produced a series of major technology breakthroughs across a variety of industries - from advertising to sports.
GumGum is constantly evolving to be at the forefront of computer vision and machine learning advancements. With nearly 10 years experience, we use our proprietary image recognition technology to deliver highly engaging, contextually relevant ad experiences across premium publishers all over the world.
Our Products & Services...
Our Advertising business serves contextual marketing messages in line with content users are actively engaged with.
Verity, GumGum's contextual analysis tool, combines natural language processing with computer vision technology to execute a multi-layered reading process by parsing the body text, headlines, image captions with natural language processing; at the same time, using computer vision to parse the main visuals.
Our Sports business helps marketers and rights holders understand the full media value of their sponsorship investments across broadcast and social media. And we deliver on brand safety by leveraging our AI to detect unsafe text and imagery, allowing us to deliver ads in brand safe, contextually relevant environments.
What’s a Hackathon? We’re glad you asked. Our employees split into teams and spend 48 hours ‘hacking’ together before presenting their ideas to our executive team. It’s a chance for anyone within our company to showcase the visions they want to bring to fruition.
GumGum recently earned LA’s Best Places to Work Award in 2021 by BuiltInLA, and Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work in 2020 and it’s no surprise why. With company-sponsored social hours, annual holiday celebrations and on-site gatherings, GumGummers enjoy a fun, creative and collaborative workplace. We provide ourselves on our strong track record of giving employees the autonomy and support they need to succeed. Check us out on Instagram: @gumgum
Oh, and doggies...
We love our dogs so much, we even have an Instagram dedicated to them! Follow us: @dogsofgumgum