Accounting Manager at AvantStay
What you’ll do…
- Work closely with the VP of Finance and the Controller to manage the accounting department, processes, and staff accounts.
- Manage timely reviews and approval of all balance sheet accounts, including monthly bank reconciliation and general ledger account reconciliations.
- Oversee monthly accounting entries and other close procedures, including quarterly and annual reviews and adjustments, balance sheet reconciliations, and flux analysis.
- Oversee and optimize the accounts receivable and payable functions.
- Draft, document, and manage accounting policies and procedures, amending as necessary to stay up-to-date with current industry best practices.
- Oversee and maintain accounting compliance records and provide audit responses.
- Prepare monthly accounting, performance, and analytics reports.
- Ensure that vendor invoices and employee expense reports are processed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Support the CFO, VP of Finance and Controller with ad-hoc analyses, reporting, and projects.
- Manage the Accounting team, providing day-to-day leadership, guidance, and feedback.
What you’ll bring…
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or another related field
- 5+ years of progressive accounting or auditing experience; experience in real estate or hospitality a plus
- Experience using NetSuite
- Thorough understanding of accounting principles and practices, with proven US GAAP and internal controls experience
- Strong experience in end-to-end processes for month end close, functional reporting, cash flow forecasting and preparation of reports
- Advanced Excel skills
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to unravel complex accounting queries
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team; comfortable working in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional people skills and experience managing a team
Perks and Benefits...
- Salary: $80,000 -$100,000
- Benefits and Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Team bonding and off-site events
- Complimentary and discount stays at AvantStay properties
- Dog-friendly office