UX Prototyper, Mixed Reality
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
Spectacles are our sunglasses that Snap! They make it easy to make memories from your perspective, and then relive them later. The Spectacles team is the newest member of the Snap Inc. family, situated at the intersection of cutting edge camera technology and software. The team works every day to create fun new ways to express yourself and capture the world!
We’re looking for a UX Prototyper to join Team Snap! Working from our Los Angeles, CA headquarters, you’ll work on new Mixed Reality products and technology. You’ll collaborate with engineers, researchers, and designers to define and deliver new features, test new concepts, and assist with final implementation.
What you’ll do:
- Prototype new user experiences involving 3D graphics
- Present and test your ideas and solutions within the company
- Develop internal and external tools to support ideation and prototyping process
- Bring the most innovative concepts to life to help push the boundaries of user experience and interface design across a new category of computer vision and machine learning powered products
- 2+ years of experience in designing, building, and shipping products
- Portfolio of interactive 3D experiences
- Experience with Unity and/or any other 3D engine, including the scripting systems
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with iOS or Android development
- Experience working closely with UX, technology, and R&D teams
- Background in gaming and/or computer vision
- Experience working in VR or AR
- Experience working in Maya, C4D, or any other modeling software
- Strong understanding of 3D mathematics
- Deep knowledge of rendering systems (including shaders, particle systems, physics, lighting, and animation)
- Knowledge of various VFX pipelines
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and manage your workload across multiple projects
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected].