ServiceTitan is looking for a Staff Software Engineer with extensive experience working on telephony platforms to help us build the next generation of our voice platform. This is an exciting role for an engineer to help design and build the voice platform of our product. We build for product excellence, use the most modern tools on Microsoft .NET platform, have an amazing culture, and love to solve complex problems. If you share the same values, you might find yourself in perfect company!
You will be primarily responsible for designing and implementing new backend functionality for the telephony platform components that are used as part of our product. This will primarily involve working in C# with occasional C or Lua. You will work with our technical leadership, Voice Operations team, and Quality Assurance to develop scalable, rock-solid, production ready features. You will be expected to iterate rapidly while delivering high-quality output.
What you'll do:
- Innovate solutions for implementing full-featured voice platform functionality in an unencumbered environment.
- Work with technical leadership, quality assurance, and other engineers to prototype and implement platform features.
- Communicate effectively with other engineers, product managers, stakeholders, and partners.
- 70% development / 30% working on requirements, planning, supervision.
What you'll bring:
- 6+ years of industry experience
- 4+ years of telecom experience
- Expert-level knowledge of:
- Relational databases (Microsoft SQL Server / Postgres / MySQL)
- Experience creating or maintaining JSON Web APIs backed by relational databases in any strongly-typed back-end development framework. Should be comfortable with MVC, Dependency Injection and ORM concepts
- Freeswitch dialplan generation
- SIP call flows
- C# experience is a huge plus (but a willingness to learn it is required)
- Experience working with WebRTC
- 3+ years of experience building custom telephony solutions with dialplan generation
- 3+ years of experience using Kamailio in an enterprise environment
- Experience working with microservice ecosystems is a plus
- Experience with Kafka is a plus
- Strong communication and technical writing skills
- Experience with Git, unit testing, debugging, profiling, Visual Studio, JIRA, and other tools that are typically used by developers on Microsoft technology stack
Be Human With Us:
Being human isn't about checking every box on a list. It's about the experiences we have, people we meet, and the perspectives we share. So, if you have the skills but are hesitant to apply because of your background, apply anyway. We need amazing people like you to help us challenge the conventional and think differently about the problems that we're solving. We're in this together. Come be human, with us.
What We Offer:
When you join our team, you're not just accepting a job. You're making a career move. Here's how we'll support you in doing some of the most impactful work of your career:
- Flextime, recognition, and support for autonomous work: Flexible time off with ample learning and development opportunities to continue growing your career. We offer a comprehensive onboarding program, leadership training for Titans at all levels, and other programs and events. Great work is rewarded through Bonusly, peer-nominated awards, and Founders Club- open to all Titans.
- Holistic health and wellness benefits: Company-paid medical, dental, and vision (with 100% employer paid options and 80% coverage for dependents), FSA and HSA, 401k match, and telehealth options including memberships to Headspace, Galileo, One Medical, Ginger and more.
- Support for Titans at all stages of life: Parental leave and support, up to $20k in adoption reimbursement, on demand maternity support through Maven Maternity, free breast milk shipping through Maven Milk, pet insurance, legal advisory services, financial planning tools, and more.
At ServiceTitan, we celebrate individuality and uniqueness. We believe that the convergence of fresh perspectives and experiences from all walks of life is what makes our product and culture so great. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We do not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.