Seniority Level: Mid-Senior
Location: Long Beach, CA or Remote
About the role and about You:
As a Software Engineer, Server, you will be working to improve the onboarding experience for our customers. Onboarding new customers is a non-trivial problem as new customers learn what Zwift is, what they need to Zwift, and help in walking through the steps to get set up and become an active customer. You will collaborate in cross-functional teams including teammates from our engineering, product, design, operations, and support disciplines. We are looking for someone comfortable in this highly collaborative environment, working with ambiguity, and continuously looking to proactively make improvements, to build a world-class experience for our customers.
What you’ll do:
- Bring your domain expertise of backend development to build things cross-functionally with your teammates using agile processes
- Contribute to the mentorship of teammates
- Take part in your team’s technical planning
- Regularly participate in the interview process
- Provide guidance to others in backend development across Zwift
What we’re looking for:
- BS in Computer Science or Relevant Technical Area, with 3 years of experience or more as a Backend Engineer.
- Experience with some of the following: Java, Git, REST, PostgreSQL or MySQL, AWS, and Redis or Memcached
- Excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to help your team win
- Self-motivation to deliver results and seek continuous improvement
- Enthusiasm for cycling, fitness, and/or Zwift
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams
How to stand out among the rest:
Your resume/CV is enough to show off your skills, accomplishments, and experience. However, if you choose to include a cover letter introducing us to your awesome personality, we will read that too.
Of course, we are nothing without our values. Our values ground us. They ensure we run and build a company where people love to work, feel like they are welcomed, included, and belong. Only then can they thrive and do their best work. The values we strive to live every day are:
- Make It Fun
- Elevate Teammates
- Cultivate Our Community
- Always Level Up
- One Zwift for All
We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Zwift is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected].
Zwift, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.