Senior Software Engineer, Mobile
**This role is located in Los Angeles, CA. Relocation to Los Angeles is required. Assistance may be provided.
You will be part of the engineering team at ServiceTitan responsible for all the native iOS and Android components of our hybrid-mobile applications. This is an exciting role for an engineer to come in and develop key product differentiators by leveraging the full native power of our customers mobile devices. We build for perfection, use modern tools, have an amazing culture, and love to solve complex problems. If you share the same values, you should consider joining us in our efforts to achieve the extraordinary!
What you'll do:
- Participate in the development and maintenance of iOS and Android native components for our Apache Cordova hybrid-mobile application
- Actively keep our Apache Cordova platform current with new releases and patches
- Continuously partner with QA and Infrastructure engineers to automate our build and test pipeline
- Evaluate upcoming iOS and Android releases to ensure compatibility with our mobile app as well as identify new native services and features we might leverage in our product
- Deploy beta tests and release candidates to iTunes Connect and Google Play Console as well as manage rollouts to customers
- Work with product managers, designers, and engineers to prototype and implement low level, device native features
- Communicate effectively with other engineers, product managers, customers, and partners.
What you'll need:
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science or similar discipline
- 3+ years of developing native mobile applications for either iOS (Objective-C and Swift) or Android (Java or Kotlin) including:
- Developing reusable components (Views/Activities), frameworks, or libraries
- Communication with JSON web services
- Automated UI and Unit Testing
- Asynchronous and parallel programming to keep the UI delightfully responsive
- Performance profiling for proper use of disk space, memory and battery life
- Mobile data stores (preferably SQLite)
- Though you need only be familiar with one native platform (iOS or Android) you will sometimes need to assist in the development efforts for other supported platforms
- Experience with Apache Cordova is highly desirable but totally optional. However, your willingness to learn and work with Apache Cordova will be required.
If you're familiar with Microsoft .NET, it's a big plus — we use C#, .NET, ASP.NET MVC, Web APIs, Microsoft SQL Server on the backend
ServiceTitan is a mobile, cloud-based software platform that helps home services companies streamline operations, improve customer service, and grow their business. ServiceTitan's end-to-end solution for the multi-billion dollar residential home services industry includes CRM, intelligent dispatch, custom reporting, marketing automation, mobile solution for field techs, and accounting integration with Intacct and QuickBooks. ServiceTitan brings a fully operational modern SaaS infrastructure to an industry traditionally underserved by software. ServiceTitan is the preferred software for hundreds of the world's most successful plumbing, HVAC, and electrical companies. For more information about ServiceTitan, visit www.ServiceTitan.com.
Los Angeles Business Journal Best Places to Work, 2018
Los Angeles Business Journal Top 100 Fastest Growing Private Company, 2018
Deloitte Fast 500, 2018
Inc 5000 - Best Workplaces, 2018
Inc. 5000 – America’s Fastest Growing Companies, 2018
Glassdoor/Battery Ventures Highest Rated Cloud Computing Companies, 2018
Mogul Top 1000 Companies Worldwide for Millennial Women 2018
Forbes - Next Billion-Dollar Startup List, 2017