Senior Full-Stack Engineer - Santa Monica at SimplePractice
Sorry, this job was removed at 8:43 a.m. (PST) on Tuesday, August 4, 2020
SimplePractice is the future of practice management. We’re at the forefront of making it simple for clinicians to run and grow their practices. We’ve built the highest-rated practice management software and we’re on track to become the most-used product in our industry.
We are looking for a senior full-stack engineer with expert knowledge in Ruby on Rails and either EmberJS or ReactJS to help us roll-out the multitude of features and service improvements we have planned.
- You are a passionate, talented engineer, willing to push the limits of existing technology and create the best possible user experience
- Work on the front-end and backend to develop new features from start to finish, including design of architecture, coding, and testing
- You are delighted by good design and bring that taste to your front-end work
- You love building products that help thousands of customers in their day to day life
What You'll Do Day-to-Day
- Building out the next generation practice management platform
- Collaborating with our Product team to help understand customer needs, troubleshoot potential problems and define upcoming features
- Write clean, efficient well-tested code that improves our code base in meaningful ways
- Help diagnose problems and architecting solutions
Our Ideal Candidate
- Has 5+ years experience with Ruby on Rails development
- Designed and implemented large, scalable web applications and have an appreciation for clean, elegant and simple code
- Experience taking Rails apps from idea to shipped to production
- Understands the value and nuances of Test Driven Development
- Solid communication & collaboration skills
- Comfortable working with remote teams, using Pivotaltracker/Github/Slack/Hangouts to collaborate
- Solid understanding of web application security and best practices
- Working knowledge of managing MySQL/Postgres/Redis/NGINX
- Confident working with production environments to help troubleshoot problems
- Experience with Linux, preferable CentOS/RHEL
- Infrastructure management via Chef
- Experience with compliance standards PCI/HIPAA
We build software that helps health & wellness professionals run their private practice. We’ve helped thousands of professionals by offering intuitive, user-centric software that’s totally focused on running a business and helping patients. That’s all our customers care about so that’s all we care about. We know this because we value relationships and constantly speaking with customers is the only way to deliver a great product.
Let’s talk- it’s in our DNA!
California Job Applicant Privacy Notice
California Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at SimplePractice LLC (“SimplePractice” or “us” or “we” or “our”).
Please note that when you submit your resume or application materials to us for employment purposes, we may collect the following categories of personal information about you:
- Identifiers (e.g., name, address, email address, and phone number); protected characteristics (e.g., sex, gender, age, citizenship, disability status, and veteran status); professional or employment-related information (e.g., employment history, educational background, certificates and licenses, work eligibility information and other information obtained from your resume, cover letter, your responses to our application questions, background check forms, and your references); other personal records (e.g., signature, photograph, and criminal background information); and inferences drawn from personal information collected (e.g., creating a profile that reflects your abilities and aptitudes).
We collect the above categories of personal information for the following business purposes:
- To perform recruitment and hiring services; to manage the workforce; to comply with federal and state laws, and to maintain security (e.g., to detect and prevent against security risks and incidents, to prevent against fraudulent or illegal activity, and to ensure compliance with our company policies and procedures).
Read Full Job Description