Security Engineer, Detection & Response
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
We’re looking for a Security Engineer to join Snap Inc! As a member of the Detection and Response team, you will help us improve our detection and response efforts across the company. You’ll collaborate with engineers from many different disciplines to help develop and deploy infrastructure to hunt threats and respond to security incidents.
What you’ll do:
- Design and implement logging and alerting systems to detect malicious activity on Snap Inc.'s endpoints and networks
- Build tools and devise automation strategies to improve Snap Inc.’s ability to hunt threats and respond to intrusions
- Investigate events generated by the alerting pipeline and triage potential incidents
- Work closely with multiple Snap Inc. teams during incidents and drive response efforts
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technical field
- Proven expertise in detection and response, including digital forensics, malware analysis, incident management, and host and network intrusion detection
- Demonstrated threat hunting expertise and developing logic to help automate detection and response
- Programming experience in Python, Go, and/or C/C++
- Advanced knowledge of operating system internals, and a core competency in macOS, Windows, iOS, Android, and Linux
- A team-player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Familiarity with cloud-based services and infrastructure (Google Cloud, GSuite, Etc)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with high attention to detail
- Experience working in a BeyondCorp model is strongly preferred
- Experience collaborating with internal and external stakeholders at all levels of a company
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected].