About the role:
As a Release Engineer, you will be working with our Game Subscription teams to support releasing their products, including the core Zwift App and its mobile companion counterpart, Zwift Companion. These products exist across PC, Mac, mobile, and AppleTV platforms. You will be responsible for the build pipeline for release candidates, uploading apps to the store, managing the app store content updates (working with Product and Marketing teams), and working with engineering and program management to manage the release of these products. We are looking for someone comfortable in this highly collaborative environment, working with ambiguity, and being an agent-of-change to help build a world-class experience for our customers.
Zwift is the fitness company born from gaming, and we’re on a mission to make More People. More Active. More Often. The Zwift platform delivers an at-home training game that connects cyclists and runners in over 195 countries and counting! Launched from the sunny shores of Long Beach, California in 2014, we’ve grown to over 300 Watopians (that’s what we call our employees) and we have people in New York, Tokyo, Rio de Janeiro, and London.
Some reasons we think you will love it here:
We are an encouraging, innovative, and passionate team. We like bikes. We like running. We also like local ice cream shops, game nights, and our "Pets of Zwift" Slack channel. You'll be surrounded by awe inspiring people, even in your remote work setting. Although there are amazing athletes that work here; our team consists of people from all walks of life. Whether you’re a current Zwifter, at the beginning of your fitness journey, or neither one of these, there is a place for you here. Different perspectives are important, they allow us to continually grow and evolve - One Zwift for All!
Did we mention that we encourage you to workout while you work from home? Zwift, run, yoga….we’re in!
How we’re handling Covid-19:
We are beyond grateful to continue to grow as a company during this unusual time. Our #1 priority is ensure the health, safety, and sanity of our current and future Watopians. We want to share with you what we’re doing and what you can expect.
Since March, all of our Watopians have been working remotely and will continue to do so until we know it is safe to collaborate in person again. As you go through the virtual interview process, don't be alarmed if children or pets make a guest appearance. We won't think twice if we get to meet any members of your family. If we are fortunate to welcome you to the team, we will get you all the necessary equipment, hardware, and furniture needed to get you ergonomically set up and productive at home.
Work From Home (WFH) life can be challenging in many ways. We have and will continue to take steps that ease some of the burden for our Watopians including:
- Monthly stipends to help offset additional expenses incurred with WFH
- Access to mental health & wellness resources including headspace, unmind, and Spring Health.
We care about you as our candidate too, so let your Talent Engagement Partner know if there’s anything we can do to make your interview process go more smoothly. We are in this together and always looking for ways to enhance our new interview experience.
What you’ll do:
- Be accountable for the delivery of the Game Subscription team’s products and services, which include Zwift and the Zwift Companion mobile app.
- Look for ways to automate the release process and reduce the turnaround time from check in to submission.
- Manage updates to Apple Store and Google Play working with Product and Marketing who will be responsible for the content of the stores.
What we're looking for:
- BS in Computer Science or relevant technical area
- 3+ years of experience as a Release Engineer
- Experience with GIT and/or SVN
- Experience building and shipping releases across PC, Mac, iOS, tvOS, and Android.
- Hands-on experience managing updates for Apple and Google Play stores
- Experience with Jenkins and automating build processes
- Experience with Android Studio, XCode, and Testflight
- Experience with Apple’s code-signing
- Working in cross-functional team environments using Agile/Scrum development processes
- Strong communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Self-motivation to deliver results and seek continuous improvement
Of course, we are nothing without our Values to ground us and ensure we run and build a Company where people love to work, feel like they are welcomed, included, and belong. Only then, can they thrive and do their best work. The Values we strive to live every day:
- Make It Fun,
- Elevate Teammates,
- Cultivate Our Community,
- Always Level Up,
- One Zwift for All
We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Zwift is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected] To learn more about how Zwift collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Zwift Applicant Privacy Notice.
Zwift, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.