Quality Control Manager at FIGS
FIGS is looking for a Quality Control Manager to join the team! The Quality Control Manager handles the day to day communication with the overseas QC team. The overseas QC team regularly inspects fabric and garments to ensure FIGS quality standards are met.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Implement the Quality Control strategy by ensuring that garment inspections are completed at the appropriately scheduled intervals.
- Partner with the in-country QC team to troubleshoot and issue corrective action plans with the factory QC staff.
- Partner with the Production Manager to make sure factory in-line inspections are scheduled according to the cut and sew production schedule.
- Manage in-country QC team in Asia and South America.
- Arrange third party inspections when needed.
- Manage the inspection budget and invoicing from overseas contractors.
- Summarize QC inspection results for Production, Design and Tech teams.
- Train Design and Tech design teams on best practices to ensure styles are production friendly from inception.
- Attend all production fittings.
- Maintain a performance scorecard for suppliers and review on a quarterly basis.
- Review Quality Control program semi-annually to ensure the program continues to meet FIGS quality standards. Make adjustments as needed.
- Review QC standards with suppliers annually and with initial onboarding.
- Recruit additional In-Country QC Managers in additional countries added to FIGS supplier network as needed
- 8 years of experience in apparel production/manufacturing or similar QC role
- Previous experience in-country or at the factory level is preferred.
- Experience visiting and assessing international suppliers
- Work experience in-country, in production is preferred
- Management experience working with non-native English speakers
Other must haves:
- Proven work ethic and integrity
- Positive attitude
- Desire to excel and grow with FIGS
- Entrepreneurial spirit and egoless nature
A little bit about us…
The $60 billion medical apparel industry is antiquated, highly fragmented and, until FIGS, was driven solely by low-cost providers offering a limited selection of poor quality products sold through third party distributors. FIGS is revolutionizing the medical apparel industry by creating the highest quality medical apparel in the world and by selling directly to medical professionals through our branded ecommerce site.
FIGS’ foundation is built on product quality, and we have a relentless focus on three key areas: fabric, fit and function. We developed our proprietary, performance-oriented fabric technology to meet the demands of the medical profession. FIGS’ Technical Collection fabric is antimicrobial, wrinkle resistant, moisture wicking, odor proof, lightweight, breathable and offers four-way stretch. Our designs are tailored, sophisticated and innovative, incorporating features such as yoga waistbands, smart storage (pockets, zippers, hidden pockets) and inspirational sayings inside each garment that appeal to modern healthcare professionals.
We are the first medical apparel company to sell directly to healthcare professionals through our ecommerce platform. By offering a branded and customer-centric online shopping experience, we are changing how medical professionals buy their workwear. Through our website, social media, and participation in medical conferences and events, we have built a strong following within the medical community and a meaningful connection with our customers, which allows us to understand their needs and to ensure that FIGS is continuously improving and innovating.