QA Regulatory Specialist at Golden Hippo
Golden Hippo Media is a young, growing digital marketing company committed to helping everyone live their healthiest life. We create cutting edge health, wellness, and beauty products and work tirelessly to get them into the hands of the people who need them most - our customers. We're growing fast, but our core values remain the same as when we were founded in 2010.
Golden Hippo Media is currently looking for a QA Regulatory Specialist to ensure regulations are met for pet food products and brands. They will evaluate and approve contract manufacturers, maintain registration of products, and ensure product quality per regulations for all pet food products. They will also be responsible for regulations compliance with international markets.
HERE IS WHAT WE OFFER YOU
At Golden Hippo you have a chance to make an impact. You will have the opportunity to be creative, take initiative and grow. A career at Golden Hippo is more than just a job. It's the chance to work among friends every day, to work and play hard, and to see the results of your work firsthand. We work in a lively, laid back work environment with a fully stocked kitchen for our employees to use. We also offer:
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- Matching 401K plan
- In-office CrossFit gym with professional coaches
- Yoga and meditation breaks
- Casual, "no dress code" atmosphere and an open office space
- Highly interactive work with a talented, passionate team
- UNLIMITED room for growth and results-based pay increases
WHAT YOUR DAY IS LIKE
- Reviews product labels to ensure compliance with AAFCO, state, and all applicable regulations
- Maintains current registration of products with all applicable state regulating bodies
- Develops and maintains consistent third party testing verification program for finished products
- Responsible for regulation compliance with all applicable international markets
- Conducts and reports out results of onsite audits of contract manufacturers as needed
- Provides regulatory counsel for product development team
- Maintains supplier approval program for all pet food and treat contract manufacturers
- Monitors regulatory environment for changes to regulations
- Educates business on regulation requirements
BEST CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry or related field.
- Excellent intra/inter-department communication skills
- Attention to detail and high organizational prowess
- Highly knowledgeable of regulatory environment
- Continuous Improvement Mindset
- Knowledge of HACCP, Food Safety, AAFCO, Food manufacturing regulations (USDA, FDA), GMP
- Regulatory experience in the pet food space
Golden Hippo is always looking for smart, driven self-starters who are excited to build a place for themselves in one of the most fun, exciting companies in Los Angeles. If you thrive on community and communication, learning from your failures, and embracing the unexpected, Golden Hippo just might be the place for you.