Product Design Engineer
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
Spectacles are our sunglasses that Snap! They make it easy to make memories from your perspective, and then relive them later. The Spectacles team is the newest member of the Snap Inc. family, situated at the intersection of cutting edge camera technology and software. The team works every day to create fun new ways to express yourself and capture the world!
We’re looking for a Product Design Engineer to join Team Spectacles! Working from our Los Angeles, CA headquarters, you’ll play a key role in building and shaping new products with the Snap Lab team.
What you’ll do:
- Design, prototype, analyze, and launch a variety of exciting new products
- Collaborate with industrial design and cross functional engineering teams as well as external vendors and partners
- Investigate new materials, manufacturing technologies, and design methodologies
- Drive all phases of new product development from concept to mass production while leading and mentoring a team
- Create detailed design models and documentation for production
- Develop and conduct technical experiments to select designs, materials, and technologies
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proficiency in 3D CAD and 2D documentation (NX experience preferred)
- Technical background in product design, architecture, tolerance analysis, structural analysis, and top-down CAD design
- Knowledge of engineering materials and manufacturing methods including prototyping, process development, and mass production
- Good communication skills—written, verbal, and presentations
- BS in mechanical engineering or related field or equivalent years of experience
- 1+ years of experience in consumer electronics product engineering
- Master’s degree or higher
- Experience with overseas manufacturing
- A passion for Snapchat and creativity!
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE, including disability/vets. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected].