Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
We’re looking for a Privacy Engineer to join Snap Inc! As a member of the Privacy Engineering team, you will develop next-generation privacy technologies that impact how we collect, use, and share user data. Working from our Los Angeles, CA headquarters, you’ll collaborate across the company and touch on all stages of user data lifecycle; from client-side data collection with privacy, to differentially-private data release, to our advertisers and publishers.
What you’ll do:
- Develop DDML infrastructure, both server (model handling) and client-side (ML).
- Build support for Neural Networks in DDML for image recognition and tagging.
- Implement snap-based filter prediction in Camera.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technical field
- 1+ years of relevant work experience in building ML models and ML infrastructure
- Experience with C++ and/or Java
- Experience with one or more of the following: natural language processing, text understanding, classification, pattern recognition, recommendation systems, targeting systems, ranking systems or similar
- PhD in machine learning
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected].