Manager, Spam & Abuse
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
We’re looking for a Manager, Spam and Abuse to join Snap Inc! As a member of the Spam and Abuse team, you will continue to build out and lead the team, developing software and services at scale to defend our platform against spam and malicious content, and prevent account hijacking and other forms of abuse. Working from our Los Angeles, CA headquarters, you’ll collaborate with other teams in Information Security, and our partners in Trust and Safety to help keep our platform a safe and respectful place for our users.
What you’ll do:
- Develop key infrastructure and core functionality in the Snapchat app to detect and prevent spam, account hijacking, and other forms of abuse
- Deploy, monitor and troubleshoot these services
- Ensure that new product rollouts and launches are properly protected from abuse
- Work with internal stakeholders to make sure Spam and Abuse efforts are prioritized, communicated clearly and backed up by strong data
- Manage and mentor a team of great people in a fast-paced, quick-to-market environment
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technical field
- 5+ years of experience working in content safety, spam, abuse, and/or related fields
- 5+ years of management experience
- Master’s degree in computer science or related technical field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with high attention to detail
- Strong experience working with trust & safety/customer support organizations at scale
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently
- Experience collaborating with internal and external stakeholders at all levels of a company
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected].