Manager, Engineering (ServicePro) at ServiceTitan (Remote)
Manage, coach, and lead a team of high-performance engineers. Help us ship a scalable, high-quality product that delivers the best-in-class experience for our customers. Raise the bar by identifying opportunities for enhancements from a technical and process standpoint and work with the team to implement them.
What you'll do:
- Act as Scrum Master and make sure to remove any impediments blocking your team
- Own the high-level design for new products and features of the ServicePro software
- Be a technical reference for your team and guide them to solve technical issues
- Identify and suggest improvements for the development process and technical tools
- Assure the quality of the product completed by the team
- Accountable for ensuring that bugs from the features your team is responsible for are being addressed in a time sensitive and accurate manner
- Plan tasks with the associated Product Manager and other key team members
- Support the Product team with estimations and help them with user stories technical feasibility
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 2+ years in a people management role
- 2+ years as Scrum Master
- 6+ years of experience in software development
- 4+ years of experience in web or mobile development
- 6+ years of experience in database design, queries, and optimization
- 4+ years of experience in product development
- 2+ years of experience with professional services
- Consistent experience in Object Oriented computer programming (Java, C+ +, VB.net,
- C#, PHP etc.)
- A mastery of OOP, MVC, and coding standards
- Experience using GitHub or other version control
- A solid understanding of a difference between product and tailor-made development
- An understanding of SaaS and multi-tenant architecture
Where you'll work:
We're 100% remote with HQ located in McKinney, TX
Be Human With Us:
Being human isn't about checking every box on a list. It's about the experiences we have, people we meet, and the perspectives we share. So, if you have the skills but are hesitant to apply because of your background, apply anyway. We need amazing people like you to help us challenge the conventional and think differently about the problems that we're solving. We're in this together. Come be human, with us.
What We Offer:
When you join our team, you're not just accepting a job. You're making a career move. Here's how we'll support you in doing some of the most impactful work of your career:
- Flextime, recognition, and support for autonomous work: Flexible time off with ample learning and development opportunities to continue growing your career. We offer a comprehensive onboarding program, leadership training for Titans at all levels, and other programs and events. Great work is rewarded through Bonusly, peer-nominated awards, and more.
- Holistic health and wellness benefits: Company-paid medical, dental, and vision (with 100% employer paid options and 90% coverage for dependents), FSA and HSA, 401k match, and telehealth options including memberships to Headspace, Galileo, One Medical, Ginger and more.
- Support for Titans at all stages of life: Parental leave and support, up to $20k in adoption reimbursement, on demand maternity support through Maven Maternity, free breast milk shipping through Maven Milk, pet insurance, legal advisory services, financial planning tools, and more.
At ServiceTitan, we celebrate individuality and uniqueness. We believe that the convergence of fresh perspectives and experiences from all walks of life is what makes our product and culture so great. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We do not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.