About the role:
Zwift is looking for an Architect to be the overall technical leader for the technology we deploy across our web-based experiences. In this role, you will be able to focus on technical leadership, rolling up your sleeves to help employ new technology with the team, partnering with the Director of Engineering who will manage the individuals on the team. You will be responsible for facilitating the choice of technologies we invest in to enable our product teams to deliver on our amazing experience for our customers.
How to stand out among the rest:
If you are excited about this role, we strongly encourage you to include a cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but a well thought out letter introducing us to your skills and personality will stand out to us!
Zwift is the fitness company born from gaming, and we’re on a mission to make more people, more active, more often. The Zwift platform delivers an at-home training game experience that connects cyclists and runners in over 195 countries and counting! Launched from the sunny sands of Long Beach, California in 2014, we’ve grown to over 300 (and counting!) Watopians - that’s what we call our employees - and we have people in New York, Tokyo, Australia, Rio de Janeiro, and London. Together, we are disrupting the fitness industry!
If you’re looking for an encouraging, innovative, and passionate team, Zwift is just that. We like bikes. We like running. We also like local ice cream shops and game nights. And, our "Pets of Zwift" Slack channel brings you daily fuzzy, furry, heartwarming paws and noses straight to your screen. You'll be surrounded by awe-inspiring people in our brand new playful and colorful office environment. That being said, we don't want you to be intimidated by the former Olympians, pro cyclists, and other amazing athletes that work here; our team consists of people from all walks of life. Even if you're at the very beginning of your fitness journey, there is a place for you here! Who knows, you may surprise yourself and complete your first triathlon if you hang out with us for too long.
What you’ll do:
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to software development teams.
- Provide architecture, design, and implementation expertise for consumer-facing web experiences.
- Work closely within tight-knit cross-functional teams to build high traffic, responsive, mobile-first properties that deliver a great experience globally.
- Build tools and technology that enable our product and design teams to rapidly iterate and deliver new updates.
- Optimize web application components for maximum performance.
- Work with engineering and product managers to scope and plan projects.
- Help forge the way for changes in our tech stack by building proofs-of-concept and being a key-contributor to initial implementation.
What we're looking for:
- BS in Computer Science or relevant technical area
- 8+ years of experience in web development
- Experience with GIT and/or SVN
- Expertise in React and its ecosystem of libraries
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience in implementing stateless management
- Experience serving as a technical leader and mentoring others
- Working in cross-functional team environments using Agile/Scrum development processes
- Strong communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Self-motivation to deliver results and seek continuous improvement
Some Reasons We Think You'll Love It Here:
- Fast-growing, collaborative environment. Your job will never get boring!
- Awesome team of talented individuals who love what we do
- Employee perks and benefits including a fitness program and fantastic industry discounts
- Amazing office locations with killer views
- Did we mention that we encourage you to workout at work...Zwift, run, yoga….we’re in!
Of course, we are nothing without our Values to ground us and ensure we run and build a Company where people love to work, feel like they are welcomed, included, and belong. Only then, can they thrive and do their best work. The Values we strive to live every day:
- Make It Fun,
- Elevate Teammates,
- Cultivate Our Community,
- Always Level Up,
- One Zwift for All
We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Zwift is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected] To learn more about how Zwift collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Zwift Applicant Privacy Notice.
Zwift, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.