Junior SQL Developer at ServiceTitan
Our SQL Developers receive projects and deadlines from several departments. The ability to own tasks, clearly communicate requirements, delays, completion and prioritize a constantly shifting schedule of deadlines is paramount. This work is highly critical to successfully building our company. It is the lynchpin of the sales and onboarding process. Data concerns are a blocker for most of our customers, so delivering high-quality, highly accurate transfers is absolutely crucial and greatly appreciated by both our customers and our company.
ServiceTitan is looking for a Junior SQL Developer to join our data team. Strong candidates will have a solid command of SQL, ETL operations, strong analytical and critical thinking skills. The most critical portion of the role is deconstructing and re-interpreting databases from other software to translate them into our database. The candidate will work closely with cross-departmental resources to ensure on-time delivery of transferred data for customers' adoption of ServiceTitan.
As our Junior SQL Developer, you will:
· Improve our automated scripts for validating legacy database values and identify previously unmapped fields prior to loading them into the ServiceTitan platform
· Apply feedback from customers and internal stakeholders on data import quality into previously developed extraction scripts
· Discover opportunities to leverage information from legacy databases into the implementation process to avoid inquiring for additional information from customers
· Establish quality working relationships with internal stakeholders
· Contribute material input to go/no-go/continue decisions upon test completion
To be successful in this role, you'll need:
· 1-2 years of experience with SQL Server
· Advanced knowledge and experience in T-SQL and complex ETL tools
· Given the experimental nature of this job, we will require very tight compliance when it comes to data - we need to focus on learning
· Strong analytical thinking skills
· Expert level understanding of database and data model concepts
· Vertical SaaS experience is highly desirable
· Results and solution-oriented - we want to know how we can win, not why we can’t
· Ability to work independently and cross-functionally
Be Human With Us:
Being human isn’t about checking every box on a list. It’s about the experiences we have, people we meet, and the perspectives we share. So, if you have the skills but are hesitant to apply because of your background, apply anyway. We need amazing people like you to help us challenge the conventional and think differently about the problems that we’re solving. We’re in this together. Come be human, with us.
What We Offer:
When you join our team, you’re not just accepting a job. You’re making a career move. Here’s how we’ll support you in doing some of the most impactful work of your career:
Flextime, recognition, and support for autonomous work: Flexible time off with ample learning and development opportunities to continue growing your career. We offer a comprehensive onboarding program, leadership training for Titans at all levels, and other programs and events. Great work is rewarded through Bonusly, peer-nominated awards, and Founders Club- open to all Titans.
Holistic health and wellness benefits: Company-paid medical, dental, and vision (with 100% employer paid options and 80% coverage for dependents), FSA and HSA, 401k match, and telehealth options including memberships to Headspace, Galileo, One Medical, Ginger and more.
Support for Titans at all stages of life: Parental leave and support, up to $20k in adoption reimbursement, on demand maternity support through Maven Maternity, free breast milk shipping through Maven Milk, pet insurance, legal advisory services, financial planning tools, and more.
At ServiceTitan, we celebrate individuality and uniqueness. We believe that the convergence of fresh perspectives and experiences from all walks of life is what makes our product and culture so great. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We do not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.