Junior Front End Developer at Golden Hippo
Golden Hippo is a young, growing digital marketing company committed to helping everyone live their healthiest life. We create cutting edge health, wellness, and beauty products and work tirelessly to get them into the hands of the people who need them most — our customers. We’re growing fast, but our core values remain the same as when we were founded in 2010.
Golden Hippo is currently looking for a Junior Front End Developer. This position will receive, compile, and publish updated content onto web/online properties. The person will work closely with the development team in ensuring quality and completeness of web content and completing daily content updates.
HERE IS WHAT WE OFFER YOU
At Golden Hippo you definitely have a chance to make an impact. You will have the opportunity to be creative, take initiative and grow. A career at Golden Hippo is more than just a job. It’s the chance to work among friends every day, to work and play hard, and to see the results of your work firsthand. We work in a lively, laid back work environment with a fully stocked kitchen for our employees to use. We also offer:
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- Matching 401K plan
- In-office CrossFit gym with professional coaches
- Yoga and meditation breaks
- Casual, "no dress code" atmosphere and an open office space
- Highly interactive work with a talented, passionate team
- UNLIMITED room for growth and results-based pay increases
WHAT YOUR DAY IS LIKE
- Turning PSD's or AI files into fully functioning websites
- Make changes to existing pages/sites
- Collaborate with design and development leads to create full websites and applications.
- Produce design mocks and graphical elements within existing design guidelines and requirements
- Monitor and maintain existing web content across existing web properties
- Troubleshoot code problems and conduct QA for all development projects
- Understand cross-browser and cross-platform concepts and concerns
- Work with Project Manager to manage and obtain approvals for final launches
- Awareness of in-house resources in relation to on-going or upcoming projects
- Setting timelines and expectations for Management
- Ability to track time and costs dedicated toward specific projects
BEST CANDIDATE WILL HAVE
- Basic knowledge of PHP and MySQL for dynamic and data driven websites
- Previous Angular experience strongly preferred
- Basic WordPress knowledge
- Proven experience in creating Pre-Landers, Landing pages and Order pages for e-Commerce sites.
- Proven experience in developing in cross-browser, cross-platform websites and/or applications
- Advanced skills in Photoshop and Illustrator, with a strong eye for designing simple, clean and user-friendly websites
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of best practices in web development to protect secure information avoid website and application vulnerabilities
- Familiarity with content management systems (CMS)
- Proven ability in responsive design for mobile-compatible websites and tools
Golden Hippo is always looking for smart, driven self-starters who are excited to build a place for themselves in one of the most fun, exciting companies in Los Angeles. If you thrive on community and communication, learning from your failures, and embracing the unexpected, Golden Hippo just might be the place for you.