ITSM Engineer (Release) at ServiceTitan (Remote)
ServiceTitan is seeking an ambitious, motivated Senior ITSM Engineer (Dev Ops/Release) to join our Corp Engineering team in one of the fastest growing tech startups in Southern California, backed by the best VC firms in the SaaS space.
We are looking for someone with a technical background in ITSM strategy and a track record of setting and driving strategy and roadmap for a successful Service Management process. You will impact ServiceTitan's growth by contributing to the development, oversight and execution of our operations strategy. You will report to our Director, Shared Services. This role will support the Corp Engineering Shared Services team, and will work closely with the Business, Enterprise, Data, Infosec and Infrastructure teams.
In this role, you will play a key role in ensuring projects (release initiatives) meet objectives on time and on budget by increasing employee adoption and usage. This person is responsible for managing the complete software delivery life cycle. They have to work with the team from the planning phase to the deployment phase through the development and testing phases. The DevOps Release Engineer has to work closely with the teams from the beginning of the project and follow the classical agile methodologies such as PMI, SCRUM, and ITIL; therefore, any incident can be identified and resolved on time. The DevOps Release Engineer has to be familiar with DevOps and the related tools.
What you'll do:
- Be responsible for scheduling, planning, and controlling the software's development and delivery process.
- Partner with IT/Corp Eng functional groups operations and developers.
- Be responsible for the Release Management lifecycle that involves the stages such as scheduling the release, coordinating between teams, and deployment of release as per the schedule and within budget.
- Release the software after completing the testing stage and deployment stage, and work closely with the application development team, testing team, and production team.
- Maintain proper coordination between these teams to update the project related information.
- Define the strategic usage of release management tools to manage the planning, testing, tracking, release, deployment, communication, and risk management.
- Plan the release of project deliverables and release life cycle.
- Communicate project-related tasks such as plans, timelines, requirements, etc. between different teams.
- Coordinate the release schedule and resources required depending upon the third-party applications, defect backlogs, planned releases, and infrastructure updates.
- Identify the risks that can delay the release and manage them, such that the scope scheduled, and quality of the release is not affected.
- Track the progress and find issues, if any. Always work to improve the process of release.
- Make sure that the release is planned, according to the requirements and budget.
- Schedule the release readiness reviews before deployment and milestone reviews after each release.
- Create plans for the implementation and deployment as per the release schedule.
- Plan and give weekly updates on the release activities
- Lead the Go-Live activities to deploy the software successfully.
- Team up with relevant development teams responsible for building the automation tools used to develop and deploy the software.
- Schedule the CAB meetings to discuss the release schedules with the team and find roadblocks, if any.
- Maintain documentation related to procedures on build and release, various notifications lists, and dependencies.
- Make improvements in the methodologies used for configuration management and development of software that helps to find ways to use in configuration management.
What you'll need:
- 7+ years' of Release management experience within a fast growing technology company
- Project management experience
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CD/CI) pipelines
- Experience in working with DevOps and Agile methodologies
- Working knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle
- Knowledge of traditional agile methodologies, including Scrum, Waterfall, or Kanban
- Good understanding of application infrastructure, system architecture, and operating system
- Strong prioritization and problem solving skills
- Direct experience managing day to day and training related to ITSM solution and processes
- Excellent presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills to work cross functionally
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem-solving, and results
- Self-starter that thrives in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment with the demonstrated capacity to lead, motivate and work well with others
- Proven ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail
- Intelligent, quick thinking, and fast learning team player
Be Human With Us:
Being human isn't about checking every box on a list. It's about the experiences we have, people we meet, and the perspectives we share. So, if you have the skills but are hesitant to apply because of your background, apply anyway. We need amazing people like you to help us challenge the conventional and think differently about the problems that we're solving. We're in this together. Come be human, with us.
What We Offer:
When you join our team, you're not just accepting a job. You're making a career move. Here's how we'll support you in doing some of the most impactful work of your career:
- Flextime, recognition, and support for autonomous work: Flexible time off with ample learning and development opportunities to continue growing your career. We offer a comprehensive onboarding program, leadership training for Titans at all levels, and other programs and events. Great work is rewarded through Bonusly, peer-nominated awards, and more.
- Holistic health and wellness benefits: Company-paid medical, dental, and vision (with 100% employer paid options and 90% coverage for dependents), FSA and HSA, 401k match, and telehealth options including memberships to Headspace, Galileo, One Medical, Ginger and more.
- Support for Titans at all stages of life: Parental leave and support, up to $20k in adoption reimbursement, on demand maternity support through Maven Maternity, free breast milk shipping through Maven Milk, pet insurance, legal advisory services, financial planning tools, and more.
At ServiceTitan, we celebrate individuality and uniqueness. We believe that the convergence of fresh perspectives and experiences from all walks of life is what makes our product and culture so great. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We do not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.