Fullstack Engineer (Node.js) at Golden Hippo
Golden Hippo is a young, growing digital marketing company committed to helping everyone live their healthiest life. We create cutting edge health, wellness, and beauty products and work tirelessly to get them into the hands of the people who need them most - our customers. We're growing fast, but our core values remain the same as when we were founded in 2010.
Golden Hippo is currently looking for a Fullstack Engineer (Node.js) who will be responsible for developing custom eCommerce and marketing software solutions for our advertising and operation teams.
HERE IS WHAT WE OFFER YOU
At Golden Hippo you have a chance to make an impact. You will have the opportunity to be creative, take initiative and grow. A career at Golden Hippo is more than just a job. It's the chance to work among friends every day, to work and play hard, and to see the results of your work firsthand. We work in a lively, laid back work environment with a fully stocked kitchen for our employees to use. We also offer:
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- Matching 401K plan
- In-office CrossFit gym with professional coaches
- Yoga and meditation breaks
- Casual, "no dress code" atmosphere and an open office space
- Highly interactive work with a talented, passionate team
- UNLIMITED room for growth and results-based pay increases
WHAT YOUR DAY IS LIKE
- Engineer and operate a platform composed of multiple software systems that interoperate to provide eCommerce and other services in cloud environments including AWS, GCP and Salesforce
- Develop and maintain solutions for accepting payments online including credit card processing, PayPal and Amazon Pay
- Develop and maintain fraud detection and tax calculation solutions using technology including AvaTax
- Develop and maintain solutions using server technologies including Facebook Business SDK, Google Ads API, Heroku API and AWS SDK
- Ensure successful delivery of new eCommerce and marketing software solutions and provide migration and ongoing support for consumer facing websites
- Support and develop data collection pipelines to optimize business intelligence with data coming from numerous sources such as web pages, video players and eCommerce experiences, in varying formats, stored across multiple cloud environments
BEST CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5-7 years’ eCommerce development experience with Java or Node.js
- Equal amount of experience working on frontend and backend development projects
- Proven experience in engineering large service-oriented systems supporting cross-browser eCommerce solutions
Golden Hippo is always looking for smart, driven self-starters who are excited to build a place for themselves in one of the most fun, exciting companies in Los Angeles. If you thrive on community and communication, learning from your failures, and embracing the unexpected, Golden Hippo just might be the place for you.
Golden Hippo is an equal opportunity employer.