Golden Hippo is a young, growing digital marketing company committed to helping everyone live their healthiest life. We create cutting edge health, wellness, and beauty products and work tirelessly to get them into the hands of the people who need them most - our customers. We're growing fast, but our core values remain the same as when we were founded in 2010.
Golden Hippo is currently looking for a Front-End Web Developer with experience in Angular to come in and help guide a team of devs around the Angular platform and teach them about best practices and best standards. This person will work closely with the development team in ensuring quality and completeness of web content.
HERE IS WHAT WE OFFER YOU
At Golden Hippo you have a chance to make an impact. You will have the opportunity to be creative, take initiative and grow. A career at Golden Hippo is more than just a job. It's the chance to work among friends every day, to work and play hard, and to see the results of your work firsthand. We work in a lively, laid back work environment with a fully stocked kitchen for our employees to use. We also offer:
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- Matching 401K plan
- In-office CrossFit gym with professional coaches
- Yoga and meditation breaks
- Casual, "no dress code" atmosphere and an open office space
- Highly interactive work with a talented, passionate team
- UNLIMITED room for growth and results-based pay increases
WHAT YOUR DAY IS LIKE
- The Front-End Developer will need to be able to learn how the company generates revenue and be able to implement company and network policies and apply them to the new cart platform using best practices and standards
- Responsible for creating procedures and streamline processes that adhere to company values and regulations
- Take on a mentorship role where you will be responsible to help guide and mentor the current devs with the new cart platform that is built in Ionic and Angular 5
- Develop web pages/ funnels using Angular best practices
- Perform Ionic Framework upgrades on an ongoing basis helping with upgrading from Ionic3 to Ionic 4.
BEST CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- 3-4 years of hands-on UI Design and Development experience
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Experience with Angular 5 required*
- Proven experience in developing in cross-browser, cross-platform websites and/or applications
- Advanced skills in Photoshop and Illustrator, with a strong eye for designing simple, clean and user-friendly websites
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of best practices in web development to protect secure information avoid website and application vulnerabilities
- Familiarity with content management systems (CMS)
- Proven ability in responsive design for mobile-compatible websites and tools
- Problem-Solving Skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Adaptable and Flexible
- Ability to work independently
- Strategic and forward thinking
Golden Hippo is always looking for smart, driven self-starters who are excited to build a place for themselves in one of the most fun, exciting companies in Los Angeles. If you thrive on community and communication, learning from your failures, and embracing the unexpected, Golden Hippo just might be the place for you.
Golden Hippo Company Culture Highlights:
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company in Los Angeles 2019
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company Happiness 2018
- Golden Hippo is ranked in the top 5% of companies for Work Culture on Comparably.
Check us out on Comparably: https://www.comparably.com/companies/golden-hippo