Director of Engineering
You will be part of the Engineering leadership team at ServiceTitan responsible for growing the organization and delivering product excellence. We provide exciting opportunities to make an immediate impact in our rapidly growing startup. We are quality minded, use the most modern tools on the Microsoft .NET platform, have an amazing culture, and love to solve complex problems.
Location: Glendale, CA or Atlanta, GA
Director of Engineering
We’re looking for a Director of Engineering who will help us lead and expand the engineering organization at ServiceTitan. We need thoughtful, proactive leaders who support their teams, encourage growth, and drive accountability through results. We also desire those who can balance rapid iteration and development with high product quality expectations and who are innovative and comfortable with ambiguity.
What you'll do
- Manage a team of engineers — i.e. own their processes, priorities, and long-term goals
- Work with other Directors and Engineering Managers in order to drive organization improvements
- Work closely with ST Leadership Team to make sure your goals are aligned with company goals
- Help your teams to improve their performance, the quality of their work; and focus on outcomes
- Mentor and guide the Engineering Managers
- Work closely with Recruiting — in particular, interview candidates and co-own activities related to lead generation (e.g. tech talks) and screening (testing, phone and onsite interviews)
- Communicate effectively with developers, Product Managers, customers, and partners.
What you'll need
- 6+ years of experience in managing a small to medium software development teams.
- 3+ years of experience on senior engineering roles (designing APIs, abstractions, and tools used by other engineers)
- Expert-level knowledge of:
- Microsoft .NET technology stack (C# / .NET, ASP.NET MVC, Web APIs) and SQL databases (Microsoft SQL Server or any other)
- Git, unit testing, debugging, profiling, performance monitoring.
- Strong knowledge of some other technology stack (e.g. Python / Unix, Java, mobile platforms,...)
- Strong communication and technical writing skills
- B.S., M.S. or PhD in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering or a related technical field.
ServiceTitan is a mobile, cloud-based software platform that helps home services companies streamline operations, improve customer service, and grow their business. ServiceTitan's end-to-end solution for the multi-billion dollar residential home services industry includes CRM, intelligent dispatch, custom reporting, marketing automation, mobile solution for field techs, and accounting integration with Intacct and QuickBooks. ServiceTitan brings a fully operational modern SaaS infrastructure to an industry traditionally underserved by software. ServiceTitan is the preferred software for hundreds of the world's most successful plumbing, HVAC, and electrical companies. For more information about ServiceTitan, visit www.ServiceTitan.com.
Los Angeles Business Journal Best Places to Work 2018
Inc 5000 Best Workplaces 2018
Inc 5000 America’s Fastest Growing Companies 2018
Mogul Top 1000 Companies Worldwide for Millennial Women 2018
Glassdoor/Battery Ventures Cloud Computing Companies 2018
Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startup 2017