Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
Snapchat is the camera used by millions of people every day to Snap with family, watch Stories from friends, see events from around the world, and explore expertly curated content from top publishers. In short, we are a passionate team working hard to build the best platform in the world for communication and storytelling.
We’re looking for a Technical Artist to join Team Snapchat! Working closely with the Lenses production team, you will develop new effects and materials for real-time rendering. Working from our Los Angeles, CA headquarters, you’ll collaborate with the Design team to create new materials and effects that would be used in our Lenses product.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with the Design team to specify requirements
- Collaborate with the Engineering team to be up-to-date with engineering capabilities and propose features that enable new creativity
- Develop tools and workflows to increase artist productivity
- Write complex shaders in GLSL to create new materials and/or effects
- Push the limits of the real-time graphics experience!
- 3+ years of experience in 3D Graphics or VFX field
- Experience in writing shaders such as GLSL for GL ES 2.0 and GL ES 3.0
- Understanding of 3D graphics pipeline, materials, and VFX
- Experience in creating materials for real-time graphics (PBR experience preferred)
- Scripting experience (Python, MEL, etc.)
- A passion for Snapchat and creativity!
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected]m.