Who We Are:
Golden Hippo is an employee-owned, vertically-integrated, highly profitable direct-to-consumer marketer of health, beauty, and pet care brands that collectively generate $1 billion of revenue annually. Our employees are passionate about our mission to create best-in-class products across broadly appealing categories — to help people live their healthiest, happiest lives.
Our A-players are results-driven creative thinkers who like to move fast, get the job done, and have fun doing it. If you love to roll up your sleeves, take on exciting new challenges every day, and drive massive growth, we want to hear from you!
Why Golden Hippo:
Here at Golden Hippo, we work to develop best-in-class products, revolutionary marketing campaigns, and glowing customer experiences. We pride ourselves on our award-winning culture and incredibly diverse workforce. We intentionally strive to cultivate, create, and celebrate a rich, vibrant and inclusive culture of belonging where our employees feel respected and empowered. We also offer:
- Award-winning culture… Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company in Los Angeles 2021, Best Teams - Marketing 2021, Best Company - Leadership 2020, and more! Click here to view more.
- Competitive salary & bonus opportunities
- Flexible, remote work arrangements available for most positions
- Highly valuable employee stock ownership plan (ESOP)
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, parental leave, and more)
- Generous matching 401K plan
- UNLIMITED room for growth and results-based pay increases
- Highly interactive, challenging work with a talented, diverse, passionate team
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities such as manager and employee development classes, Tuition Assistance Program, book club, film club, webinars, mentorship program, Hippo Talks, and much more
- Casual, "no dress code" atmosphere
- In-office gym & fitness classes, fully-stocked kitchen, plus regular yoga, meditation breaks, happy hours, and events
Golden Hippo is currently looking for a Sr. Visual/UX Designer who will be responsible for working directly with our Creative Director and take the lead on the entire life cycle of a brand from research, sketches, mood boards, logos, and packaging. The Sr. Visual/UX Designer will collaborate with multiple departments and stakeholders to ensure visual consistency and to take ownership of the impact of design output on the company’s goals.
What Your Day-to-Day Will Look Like:
Visual Design Duties
- Collaborate with Creative Director, other designers, project managers, brand managers, and media buyers on the brand life cycle through design research, mood boards, identity, packaging, print and web;
- Lead development of new brands and present creative concepts to stakeholders;
- Improve current brands, and ensure visual consistency of brands across multiple channels including Web, print, retail, and packaging;
- Collaborate with photographer and fellow designers on directing photo shoots and developing social media content;
- Design packaging labels, unit cartons, and promotional inserts;
- Develop creative, innovative ways to propel the company and its brands forward, and take the initiative to realize them;
- Collaborate with Creative Director to coach junior designers to expand their skills.
- Create visually stunning responsive websites for various screens for multiple brands;
- Work closely with media buyers, brand managers, and Web developers to define and implement user interface requirements
- Analyze, map, and optimize user flow on branded ecommerce websites
- Own features and experiences from initial concept through testing and launch
- Develop new approaches to complex interface and UX problems, and convey these designs in the form of
- prototypes, and final Sketch files and inVision assets
- Work with Creative/UX Director and/or a UX researcher to conduct usability tests, process observations, and implement recommendations
The Best Candidates Will Have:
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 8+ years of visual brand and packaging design
- 5+ years of experience of web UI/UX design for mobile and desktop
- Experience designing high fidelity graphic assets in Photoshop,Sketch, Illustrator, InVision, etc.
- Adaptable and quick learner. Must be able to adjust style guidelines creatively while upholding brand identity;
- Must have clear understanding and knowledge of color profiles and how to set up color profiles for digital vs. print;
- Ability to provide detailed print-ready files to printer and web ready files to developers;
- Passion for designing clean, modern aesthetic that showcases beautiful typography and white space with a strong eye toward the fundamentals of direct-response (DR) marketing;
- Eye for design and UX consistency across desktop and mobile
- A great attitude, collaborative spirit and openness to giving and receiving feedback
- Outstanding communication skills
- Outstanding Visual Design portfolio
Equal Employment Opportunity
Golden Hippo strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, for applicants in Los Angeles, California, and consistent with applicable laws in other areas.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Golden Hippo recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Golden Hippo may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
AL AK AZ AR CA CO CT FL HI ID IL IN KS MA MI MT NV NM NY NC OH OR TN VA TX UT WA Remote