Senior User Interface Designer
What you'll do:
- Work with a matrixed and collaborative team, balancing creative thinking with interpersonal skills
- Own communication and negotiation of critical path and scope with team members, partnering with team leads to ensure shared understanding
- Lead a project or group of projects with limited input
- Continually explore opportunities to enhance, improve, and expand methodologies and work
- Lead and support the development of junior designers to ensure continuous development and progress of the team. The Senior Designer should be able to initiate and handle multiple projects, and manage effectively and with a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Contribute to the design and maintenance of a comprehensive visual framework to establish consistent aesthetics
- Deliver and maintain documentation for all the visual standards and guidelines
- Work with UX copywriters, product managers and engineering teams to ensure visual integrity in final products
- Be responsible for researching and designing useful, compelling, and feasible interactions that delight end users and customers
- Provide product design insights through innovative research methodologies
- 5+ years of experience as a Visual Designer, User Interface Designer, Art Director, or a similar role
- Online portfolio with specific examples of high quality visual design work reflecting individual design thinking, teamwork, and impact on customers
- Informed set of core values regarding user experience, technology, and business communication, and the ability to present them eloquently and concisely
- Possess and exhibit cultural awareness and sensitivity in order to land communications with a diverse global audience
- Be a teammate with refined and assertive leadership skills and the ability to positively influence change through inspirational design, solid rationale, supporting data, and diplomacy
- Have experience working with technical teams to deliver high quality designs
- Possess a deep knowledge of information architecture, usability, UI and UX Design
- Display fluent prototyping and/or development skills or familiarity
- Display fanatical attention to detail and possess the organizational skills required to manage numerous projects and deliverables across different teams and organizations in a fast-moving environment
- Have excellent oral/written communication, project management, multi-tasking, and decision-making skills
Other must haves:
- Positive attitude
- Strong work ethic
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Desire to excel and grow with FIGS
- 100% Awesome (like our scrubs)
A little bit about us…
The $50 billion medical apparel industry is antiquated, highly fragmented and, until FIGS, was driven solely by low-cost providers offering a limited selection of poor quality products sold through third party distributors. FIGS is revolutionizing the medical apparel industry by creating the highest quality medical apparel in the world and by selling directly to medical professionals through our branded ecommerce site.
FIGS’ foundation is built on product quality, and we have a relentless focus on three key areas: fabric, fit and function. We developed our proprietary, performance-oriented fabric technology to meet the demands of the medical profession. FIGS’ Technical Collection fabric is wrinkle resistant, stain and liquid repellent, moisture-wicking, odor proof, lightweight, breathable and offers four-way stretch. Our designs are tailored, sophisticated and innovative, incorporating features such as yoga waistbands, smart storage (pockets, zippers, hidden pockets) and inspirational sayings inside each garment that appeal to modern healthcare professionals.
By offering a branded and customer-centric online shopping experience, we are changing how medical professionals buy their workwear. Through our website, social media, and participation in medical conferences and events, we have built a strong following within the medical community and a meaningful connection with our customers, which allows us to understand their needs and to ensure that FIGS is continuously improving and innovating.
FIGS’ Threads for Threads initiative is central to our mission. FIGS has donated hundreds of thousands of scrubs to healthcare providers in need in over 35 countries.