FIGS is looking for an awesome Senior Apparel Graphic Designer to assist the design department with apparel product visualization for all ongoing and future seasons. This role will work directly with the Design Director to interpret brand aesthetic, visualize future product innovation and work from conception of ideas through to completion of the line.
What you’ll do:
- Works with the Design Director to create all product communication tools for presentation to cross functional teams and senior leadership
- Leads the on-apparel graphic design process to develop and produce cohesive trim/branding in partnership with the FIGS brand team. Constantly improve and elevate brand attraction
- Understanding of all schematic requirements for prints/engineering/trim details to enable development through to production of respective garments
- Ownership of product line sheets and visual merchandising tools to enable clear, concise communication of seasonal deliveries
- Research and identify relevant key takeaways from the market for inspiration and product opportunities, to support the integrity of the lines/brands and the goals of the company
- Keeps up to date on the latest color, graphic and on-apparel print/branding trends
- Ability to self-prioritize workflow based on calendar timelines and guide other team members
- Create strong cross-functional relationships to ensure consistency in language and visual communication
- 7+ years of experience in graphic design (across multiple categories, apparel preferred)
- Ability to work out of our office in Santa Monica
- Strong proficiency in the following programs;
- In Design
- Microsoft word
- Expert at building design presentation tools with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent strategic design ideation and execution skills.
- Enthusiastic problem solver and collaborative team player who thrives in a fast-paced lean environment.
- Exceptional full-cycle designer, leading process from initial concept to final production.
- Hands on: Strong understanding of on product branding and pushing brand and creating market leading concepts
- 3D visualization rendering a plus, but not required
*Strong portfolio of work must be submitted alongside application
Other must haves:
- Proven work ethic and integrity
- Positive attitude
- Desire to excel and grow with FIGS
- Entrepreneurial spirit and egoless nature
- 100% Awesome
A little bit about us…
The medical apparel industry is antiquated, highly fragmented and, until FIGS, was driven solely by low-cost providers offering a limited selection of poor quality products sold through third party distributors. FIGS is revolutionizing the medical apparel industry by creating the highest quality medical apparel in the world and by selling directly to medical professionals through our branded ecommerce site.
FIGS’ foundation is built on product quality, and we have a relentless focus on three key areas: fabric, fit and function. We developed our proprietary, performance-oriented fabric technology to meet the demands of the medical profession. FIGS’ Technical Collection fabric is wrinkle resistant, moisture-wicking, lightweight, breathable and offers four-way stretch. Our designs are tailored, sophisticated and innovative, incorporating features such as yoga waistbands, smart storage (pockets, zippers, hidden pockets) and inspirational sayings inside each garment that appeal to modern healthcare professionals.
By offering a branded and customer-centric online shopping experience, we are changing how medical professionals buy their workwear. Through our website, social media, and participation in medical conferences and events, we have built a strong following within the medical community and a meaningful connection with our customers, which allows us to understand their needs and to ensure that FIGS is continuously improving and innovating.
FIGS’ Threads for Threads initiative is central to our mission. FIGS has donated hundreds of thousands of scrubs to healthcare providers in need around the world.