Lead VFX Artist
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
Snapchat is a camera used by over 150 million people every day to Snap with family, watch Stories from friends, see events from around the world, and explore expertly-curated content from top publishers. In short, we are passionate team working hard to build the best platform in the world for communication and storytelling.
We’re looking for a Lead VFX Designer who’s experienced in production of visual effects for animation and games to join Team Snapchat! You’ll focus on creating special effects for Snapchat products. You will pay a vital role in shaping how Snapchat tells visual stories and will help us with development of new and innovative content experiences.
What you'll do:
- Lead a VFX department that produces visual effects for Snapchat products
- Provide guidance and control of vfx style (art directing) and quality based on storyboards and instructions from the project lead
- Produce visual effects for Snapchat products
- Seek out creative, design-led solutions to challenging problems
- Support the development of tools that optimize vfx production processes
- Create video concepts and prepare design resources for development
- Be open to giving and receiving design feedback
- Work with other designers and engineers to oversee new user experiences from concept to launch
- Create video mock-ups and final assets
- Produce library of effects for Snapchat products
- Build out specs and user stories, and work these through with Engineering
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years of experience in a Lead VFX Designer role in game industry
- 7+ years of experience in producing VFX for game engines
- Strong design skills with a portfolio showcasing your work
- Experience creating with GLSL and/or other shader languages
- Strong knowledge of 3D software (Maya, Houdini)
- Proficiency with After Effects/Nuke as a plus
- Experience with Java is a plus
- Outstanding communication skills
- A great attitude and self-starter mentality
- A passion for Snapchat and creativity, precision, and an eye for detail
- High performance
- Work experience on animation projects is highly desired
- Ability to complete tasks within production schedules and deadlines in an organized manner
- Ability to learn and adapt to new workflows and methods
- Open and responsive to guidance and review notes from supervisors, both creative and technical
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected].