At FIGS, we’re looking for a superb Head of Digital Product Design that has a wealth of experience in building world-class user experiences and world-class design teams. You will be responsible for working closely with Product, Engineering, and Creative Services to produce a one-of-a kind online experience. Like our scrubs, the experiences you build will be beautiful, performant, and something everyone talks about - for both our consumer and business to business platforms.
Your day to day will involve rolling up your sleeves and designing amazing flows and visuals, but then you’ll also be asked to zoom out and provide big picture design leadership over your team and how they bring their designs to life onsite. Additionally, we will look to you to expand and perfect our in-house design process. As experiences move from requirements to design to execution, we will look to you to ensure our designs meet brand expectations while driving business results. You have a strong visual aesthetic and an eye for creating world class experiences. Finally, it’s critical that you work closely with our Creative Services, specifically our Art Director, and Marketing teams to help deliver campaigns that effectively support our product launches and site promotions. You’re an expert at communicating down, up and sideways, so everyone is aware and in sync.
This position will report to the VP of Design.
What You'll Do:
- Lead and inspire your team of UX and Visual designers as they build stunning products and experiences.
- Develop your team to meet business needs and their own development needs
- Solidify our user research process and capabilities
- Drive the creation and management of the style guide and brand aesthetic and apply to both our consumer and B2B site experiences
- Collaborate with Product, Marketing, Engineering, and Brand stakeholders to ensure that designed experiences meet company and business goals on both mobile and web platforms
- Understand key experience and business metrics in order to drive continuous improvements to our customer experience
- Work closely with senior executives to determine overall company design direction
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher with an applied arts or technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
7+ years of design experience at high-growth consumer internet companies and 3 years of leading directly/in-directly high performance design teams; preferably at a e-commerce fashion company
- Experience mentoring and developing team member skills and careers
- Developed and utilized customer research programs, including in-person interviews, focus groups, and technologies like HotJar/Crazy Egg/Google Analytics
- A balanced sense of design and results’ focus. You can expertly make tradeoffs among experience and time to market
- Worked in an agile environment and thus knows how to design iterative customer journeys
- A strong, relentless customer-focus
- Superb communication skills - written, verbal and visual; experience presenting to leadership or clients
- Expertise with Sketch, Invision, Zeplin and other design and prototyping tools
Other must haves:
- Positive attitude
- Proven work ethic and integrity
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Desire to excel and grow with FIGS
- Experience managing direct reports
A little bit about us…
The $50 billion medical apparel industry is antiquated, highly fragmented and, until FIGS, was driven solely by low-cost providers offering a limited selection of poor quality products sold through third party distributors. FIGS is revolutionizing the medical apparel industry by creating the highest quality medical apparel in the world and by selling directly to medical professionals through our branded ecommerce site.
FIGS’ foundation is built on product quality, and we have a relentless focus on three key areas: fabric, fit and function. We developed our proprietary, performance-oriented fabric technology to meet the demands of the medical profession. FIGS’ Core Collection fabric is wrinkle resistant, stain and liquid repellant, moisture-wicking, odor proof, lightweight, breathable and offers four-way stretch. Our designs are tailored, sophisticated and innovative, incorporating features such as yoga waistbands, smart storage (pockets, zippers, hidden pockets) and inspirational sayings inside each garment that appeal to modern healthcare professionals.
By offering a branded and customer-centric online shopping experience, we are changing how medical professionals buy their workwear. Through our website, social media, and participation in medical conferences and events, we have built a strong following within the medical community and a meaningful connection with our customers, which allows us to understand their needs and to ensure that FIGS is continuously improving and innovating.
FIGS’ Threads for Threads initiative is central to our mission. FIGS has donated scrubs to healthcare providers in need in over 35 countries.