Golden Hippo is a young, growing digital marketing company committed to helping everyone live their healthiest life. We create cutting edge health, wellness, and beauty products and work tirelessly to get them into the hands of the people who need them most - our customers. We're growing fast, but our core values remain the same as when we were founded in 2010.
Golden Hippo is currently looking for a Graphic Designer with a strong background in visual design and branding. As a Graphic Designer, you will work directly with our Creative Director and be a part of the entire life cycle of a brand from research, sketches, moodboards, logos, packaging and website design. Visual Designer ensures that our brands look and feel is outstanding throughout web and print formats.
HERE IS WHAT WE OFFER YOU
At Golden Hippo you have a chance to make an impact. You will have the opportunity to be creative, take initiative and grow. A career at Golden Hippo is more than just a job. It's the chance to work among friends every day, to work and play hard, and to see the results of your work firsthand. We work in a lively, laid back work environment with a fully stocked kitchen for our employees to use. We also offer:
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- Matching 401K plan
- In-office CrossFit gym with professional coaches
- Yoga and meditation breaks
- Casual, "no dress code" atmosphere and an open office space
- Highly interactive work with a talented, passionate team
- UNLIMITED room for growth and results-based pay increases
WHAT YOUR DAY IS LIKE
- Work closely with Creative Director and collaborate with other designers, project managers and developers
- Own the entire brand life cycle through design research, moodboards, identity, packaging, print and web
- Develop new brands and improve current brands
- Keep a consistent brand look and feel for web, print and packaging
- Collaborate with Photographer and fellow designers on photoshoots and social media content creation
- Design packaging labels, unit cartons and promotional inserts
- Create visually stunning responsive websites
BEST CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- 2+ years of experience designing brands for print, web and social media
- Experience designing high fidelity graphic assets in Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator, InVision, etc.
- Ability to provide detailed print ready files to printer and web ready files to developers
- Passion for designing clean, modern aesthetic that showcase beautiful typography and white space
- A great attitude, collaborative spirit and openness to giving and receiving feedback
- Outstanding communication skills
Golden Hippo is always looking for smart, driven self-starters who are excited to build a place for themselves in one of the most fun, exciting companies in Los Angeles. If you thrive on community and communication, learning from your failures, and embracing the unexpected, Golden Hippo just might be the place for you.