Associate Production Designer at Golden Hippo
Who We Are:
Golden Hippo is an employee-owned, vertically-integrated, highly profitable direct-to-consumer marketer of health, beauty, and pet care brands that collectively generate $1 billion of revenue annually. Our employees are passionate about our mission to create best-in-class products across broadly appealing categories — to help people live their healthiest, happiest lives.
Our A-players are results-driven creative thinkers who like to move fast, get the job done, and have fun doing it. If you love to roll up your sleeves, take on exciting new challenges every day, and drive massive growth, we want to hear from you!
Why Golden Hippo:
Here at Golden Hippo, we work to develop best-in-class products, revolutionary marketing campaigns, and glowing customer experiences. We pride ourselves on our award-winning culture and incredibly diverse workforce. We intentionally strive to cultivate, create, and celebrate a rich, vibrant and inclusive culture of belonging where our employees feel respected and empowered. We also offer:
- Award-winning culture… Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company in Los Angeles 2021, Best Teams - Marketing 2021, Best Company - Leadership 2020, and more! Click here to view more.
- Competitive salary & bonus opportunities
- Flexible, remote work arrangements available for most positions
- Highly valuable employee stock ownership plan (ESOP)
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, parental leave, and more)
- Generous matching 401K plan
- UNLIMITED room for growth and results-based pay increases
- Highly interactive, challenging work with a talented, diverse, passionate team
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities such as manager and employee development classes, Tuition Assistance Program, book club, film club, webinars, mentorship program, Hippo Talks, and much more
- Casual, "no dress code" atmosphere
- In-office gym & fitness classes, fully-stocked kitchen, plus regular yoga, meditation breaks, happy hours, and events
Golden Hippo is currently looking for an Associate Production Designer who will be responsible for executing many aspects of print and packaging production for up to a dozen company-owned brands for health and wellness, beauty, and pet products. This role may also include the production of digital product mockups for use in marketing materials and online, and any photography skills will be put to frequent use.
What Your Day-to-Day Will Look Like:
- Edits and creates product labels, packaging and unit cartons, inserts
- Sources photography on royalty-free websites for our sales letters and other
- Works within brand guidelines and keeps them up to date
- Creates digital mockups of our products to be viewed on our order pages
- Creates digital assets for our websites such as landing pages, photo edits, animated gifs, and other
- Build physical mock-ups of products for review
- Ideal candidate will have above-average eye for layout (for print), typography, color theory and will be comfortable managing multiple projects at once
- Some knowledge of pre-press standards/techniques with the ability to learn about new print and packaging specifications and finishes
- Some knowledge of packaging materials and production techniques
- Ability to multi-task and organize time
- Willingness to learn, driven by details, and ability to problem-solve, copy edit, spot typos, etc.
The Best Candidates Will Have:
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Minimum 2 years of experience in print and packaging production design for consumer products
- Strong portfolio with examples of consumer print and packaging production. Student portfolio okay, but some commercial work preferred
- Good Communication Skills
- Attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and organize time
- Solid layout examples of print and packaging
- Competency in Adobe Creative Suite including Illustrator, Photoshop, inDesign
- Some knowledge working with die-lines, mechanicals, and physical mockups
- Google G-Suite a plus
- Some experience making edits to photos / product photography
- Knowledge of inVision + Sketch a plus
- Highly driven and proactive self-starter - taking on a task without much context and driving it through
- Believes in collaboration in a multi-disciplinary design environment
Equal Employment Opportunity
Golden Hippo strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, for applicants in Los Angeles, California, and consistent with applicable laws in other areas.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Golden Hippo recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Golden Hippo may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
AL AK AZ AR CA CO CT FL HI ID IL IN KS MA MI MT NV NM NY NC OH OR TN VA TX UT WA Remote