Assistant to Design at FIGS
FIGS is looking for an Assistant to Design to support the design and pre-production team. As a part of the Design Team, you will be an invaluable resource to your designers and apparel developers. Handling initial development processes in our PLM system, attending fit sessions taking detailed notes, in addition to some general office duties and design studio upkeep. The ideal candidate has the ability to work independently and manage multiple projects within deadlines and has a passion for apparel design and development. General knowledge of garment construction, fit and development is a plus. Individuals with superior communication skills and a collaborative mindset will thrive in this role. Reporting directly to the Apparel Design II - focusing on work directly supporting design and areas of production.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage and receive all product team mail and packages – Distribution to all necessary parties daily
- Initial development process in PLM system as required
- Maintaining line sheets and updating all changes (daily)
- Attendance at fittings for note taking as required by design team
- Fit comments and sketch updates for design/development if required
- Lab dip and color comments when needed - directed by designers
- Graphic and art strike-off comments when needed
- Up keep of design boards and printing of all necessary documents, line sheets and inspiration
- Daily organization of studio, sample racks, material and trim libraries
- Current enrollment in Fashion or Product design studies, or 2 years of experience in apparel design or development
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and Microsoft Word programs
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects within deadlines
- General knowledge of garment construction, fit and development a plus
- Superior communication skills
Other must haves:
- Positive attitude
- Proven work ethic and integrity
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Desire to excel and grow with FIGS
- 100% Awesome. Like our scrubs
Please apply with your cover letter, resume, and some examples of previous work to be considered.
A little bit about us:
The medical apparel industry is antiquated, highly fragmented and, until FIGS, was driven solely by low-cost providers offering a limited selection of poor quality products sold through third party distributors. FIGS is revolutionizing the medical apparel industry by creating the highest quality medical apparel in the world and by selling directly to medical professionals through our branded ecommerce site.
FIGS’ foundation is built on product quality, and we have a relentless focus on three key areas: fabric, fit and function. We developed our proprietary, performance-oriented fabric technology to meet the demands of the medical profession. FIGS’ Technical Collection fabric is wrinkle resistant, moisture-wicking, lightweight, breathable and offers four-way stretch. Our designs are tailored, sophisticated and innovative, incorporating features such as yoga waistbands, smart storage (pockets, zippers, hidden pockets) and inspirational sayings inside each garment that appeal to modern healthcare professionals.
By offering a branded and customer-centric online shopping experience, we are changing how medical professionals buy their workwear. Through our website, social media, and participation in medical conferences and events, we have built a strong following within the medical community and a meaningful connection with our customers, which allows us to understand their needs and to ensure that FIGS is continuously improving and innovating.
FIGS’ Threads for Threads initiative is central to our mission. FIGS has donated hundreds of thousands of scrubs to healthcare providers in need around the world.