FIGS is looking for an experienced Data Scientist to help drive our Data Strategy forward. You will work hands on with a high performing Data Team within FIGS. You will be given the opportunity to help out with all areas of the development process from ideation, research, experimentation to analysis, model development, and deployment. Your main task will be to derive insights and models from a trove of unstructured and structured data to better understand and predict customer behavior. Your work will have direct influence on customer modeling (surveying, personas, etc.), product recommendations, customizing experiences, and much more.
We are looking for an individual who is curious, humble and eager to learn – which is the way we all approach the work we do. Our ideal candidate will be someone with strong experience working on customer-centric ecommerce data (tickets, surveys, reviews, etc.). We are also looking for someone with strong leadership potential and the ability to lead large scale projects from start to finish.
What you’ll do:
- Perform exploratory data analysis to understand customer behavior and identify opportunities for improving our customer experience
- Leverage deep understanding of modern machine learning techniques and their mathematical underpinning to regularly invent new and novel approaches to solve problems ● Work with diverse team members to design and execute controlled experiments to quantify the effects of product changes. Analyze and interpret the results.
- Manipulate, analyze, and parameterize complex, high-volume, high dimensionality data from both structured and unstructured sources
- Communicate and present complex quantitative analyses in a clear, precise, and actionable manner to diverse audiences
- Mentor interns and entry level data scientists
- Requires a master’s degree in an advanced discipline (Economics, Social Sciences, and other Science backgrounds) or relevant work experience
- Strong knowledge of SQL in OLAP Data Stores
- Knowledge in one or more of the following languages: Python, Scala, R
- Experience with Machine Learning frameworks (Scikit-learn, Tensorflow)
- Strong knowledge with NLP and working with unstructured data (NLTK, Spacy, GENSIM, BERT, etc.)
- Remote work is an option under the right circumstances.
Bonus points for:
- Time-Series / Forecasting Algorithms (ARIMA, LSTM, Prophet)
- Experience with Ecommerce Data
- Familiarity with Devops and Model Deployment
Other must haves:
- Positive attitude
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Desire to excel and grow with FIGS - 100% Awesome. Like our scrubs
A little bit about us…
The medical apparel industry is antiquated, highly fragmented and, until FIGS, was driven solely by low-cost providers offering a limited selection of poor quality products sold through third party distributors. FIGS is revolutionizing the medical apparel industry by creating the highest quality medical apparel in the world and by selling directly to medical professionals through our branded ecommerce site.
FIGS’ foundation is built on product quality, and we have a relentless focus on three key areas: fabric, fit and function. We developed our proprietary, performance-oriented fabric technology to meet the demands of the medical profession. FIGS’ Technical Collection fabric is wrinkle resistant, moisture-wicking, lightweight, breathable and offers four-way stretch. Our designs are tailored, sophisticated and innovative, incorporating features such as yoga waistbands, smart storage (pockets, zippers, hidden pockets) and inspirational sayings inside each garment that appeal to modern healthcare professionals.
By offering a branded and customer-centric online shopping experience, we are changing how medical professionals buy their workwear. Through our website, social media, and participation in medical conferences and events, we have built a strong following within the medical community and a meaningful connection with our customers, which allows us to understand their needs and to ensure that FIGS is continuously improving and innovating.
FIGS’ Threads for Threads initiative is central to our mission. FIGS has donated hundreds of thousands of scrubs to healthcare providers in need around the world.