Seniority Level: Mid-Senior
Location: Long Beach, CA or US Remote
About the role and about You:
You will focus on the quality and effectiveness of data visualization processes and take the lead in developing data visualization solutions for executives, investors, and business stakeholders. Your dashboards, reports, and tools will be intuitive and simple to use whilst wowing audiences with their design quality and power to tell stories. You will support a culture of data-driven decision making by democratizing access to data, ensuring the quality of data, reporting, and tools, and supporting stakeholders with guidance on how to use them. If this is you, and the thought of working for a company that blends fitness with the fun of video games sounds amazing, then please apply straight away.
What you’ll do:
- Promote a culture of data-driven decision making by providing business information and reporting to support executives and teams from across the organization
- Define stakeholder and technical requirements for insightful and interactive BI reports and dashboards focussed on business performance and key strategic initiatives
- Leverage a strong visual design aesthetic and an eye for detail to wireframe front end experiences, to build dashboards, and to build prototype tools
- Define requirements, then collaborate with data engineering to build the required data sets and to deliver the finished tools/reports
- Partner with data engineering and QA to ensure data availability, quality, and accuracy, and to drive adoption of best practices for data governance and documentation.
- Help identify new and innovative data visualization tools and techniques that can be utilized to enhance the quality and effectiveness of offerings
- Support analytics team members in the development of information delivery and aid in the automation of visualized products
- Play a central role in defining and delivering new data sources to support the analytics team, key stakeholders, executives, and the broader business
- Help grow self-serve capabilities across the business by ensuring the availability of appropriate tools, documents and data dictionaries, and by supporting partners with guidance and training on their use
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of experience in business intelligence and reporting roles for a digital or subscription business
- Widespread knowledge of BI, reporting, and analytics tools such as Tableau, PowerBI, Qlik, Looker, Alteryx, Chartio, Hive, Presto, Amplitude, Periscope, etc
- Skilled with the use of Excel, SQL, and intermediate experience required with Python, PySpark, R, or similar coding languages
- Comfortable partnering with engineering teams to understand ETL processes and data collection. Familiar with streamlining data operations and driving data governance
- Experience with designing great visualizations and dashboards, combined with a detail-oriented approach to data quality validation
- Passion for data democratization and helping organizations effectively self-serve with data, reporting, and documentation
- Awareness of current research and innovations in the field of data visualization and data dictionaries
- Comfortable with coaching small groups of employees in the use of self-serve tools and reports
- Familiarity with data best practices, including documentation, governance, privacy, and security
- Passion for cycling, running, triathlons and/or experienced Zwifter
- Passion for video games
How to stand out among the rest:
Your resume/CV is enough to show off your skills, accomplishments, and experience. However, if you choose to include a cover letter introducing us to your awesome personality, we will read that too.
Of course, we are nothing without our values. Our values ground us. They ensure we run and build a company where people love to work, feel like they are welcomed, included, and belong. Only then can they thrive and do their best work. The values we strive to live every day are:
- Make It Fun
- Elevate Teammates
- Cultivate Our Community
- Always Level Up
- One Zwift for All
We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Zwift is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected].
Zwift, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.