Ocean Freight Data Operations Associate | NEW GRADUATE
We are reinventing global trade.
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $300M from investors that include the Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, & Wells Fargo.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
Due to our explosive growth and global expansion, we're looking for an insanely driven Ocean Freight Data Operations Associate to join our Supply and Carrier operations teams in Los Angeles! Excited by the thought of delivering operational excellence in a role aimed at streamlining the inefficient industry of global trade? Keep reading!
What you’ll do:
- Be responsible for providing high quality data from our ocean carrier partners to our operations and customs teams;
- Assist in the development and implementation of strategies to drive operational excellence, process improvements and automation to drive stakeholder satisfaction;
- Be the first point of contact for our ocean carrier and our customer facing teams;
- Troubleshoot ocean freight operational issues on U.S. imports;
- Complete special projects to support the teams serving our clients and partners
What you’ll need:
- A BA/BS Degree with a strong academic track record and meaningful internship experience;
- A selfless mindset willing to work in the nitty gritty of the freight and logistics industry to deliver for our clients;
- A love for operational nuances and the drive to dive in and solve problems;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills;
- Next-level attention to detail and follow-through;
- The ability to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it;
- Fluency in English
Where you’ll work:
We’re not far from the country’s busiest port (LA/Long Beach), and we manage our own warehouse — basically, we have an amazing opportunity to improve and streamline processes at destination. We eat great food, host tons of fun events, and bring our pups to work.
Investing your time with Flexport means having immediate impact, all over the world. You’re empowered to do what’s best for everyone and trusted to make the right decisions when and where you need them. Join our collective of entrepreneurs and improve the world’s experience in global trade.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.